Jump to content
Beebs

Black Edition Unicorn Valencia

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

Thinking (Only thinking) of going in for the Black Edition Unicorn! anyone out there got one?

 

   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW we have a 2019 Cartagena looked at 'Black' editions at Oct NEC show and thought the changes all minor cosmetic nothing of real substance. Given that all the Unicorns are basically the same materials, same build process on the same production line with the same core kit... We are very pleased with the build quality of our Cartagena. So if you like the layout and styling I'd say a Valencia would be good.

 

We originally went to look at the Vigo (island bed single axle same size as Valencia) but were persuaded by the bigger Cartagena, for us the price differential wasn't a deal breaker and our tow car at the time was (just about) OK so we thought if we buy a Vigo would we ever regret NOT buying a Cartagena, the answer was YES. Only downside - car (Mercedes E320) was 'just about OK' so we now have a SUV, said I'd never get an SUV but now loving that too.

 

If you have budget and tow capacity look at the Barcelona too...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2019 Cartagena here - fantastic van. Just had its first service with no problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a Black Edition but we have a 2015 Valencia that we are overall very happy with.  Had to get the roof strap replaced last year when it developed a very minor leak but that was done under warranty with very little hassle.  We were at the caravan show in Glasgow last week and had a look at the Black Edition Valencia, which was certainly very nice but really only superficially different from our 2015 model.  We like the layout of the Valencia - doesn't seem a very popular layout now judging by the models on display at the show but it suits us.  

 

We tow it with a Mercedes E350 estate.  Excellent tow car, we have been all over Europe with it, very stable outfit, you would hardly know the caravan was on the back if you didn't see it in the rear view mirror.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/02/2020 at 18:12, TenStar said:

FWIW we have a 2019 Cartagena looked at 'Black' editions at Oct NEC show and thought the changes all minor cosmetic nothing of real substance. Given that all the Unicorns are basically the same materials, same build process on the same production line with the same core kit... We are very pleased with the build quality of our Cartagena. So if you like the layout and styling I'd say a Valencia would be good.

 

We originally went to look at the Vigo (island bed single axle same size as Valencia) but were persuaded by the bigger Cartagena, for us the price differential wasn't a deal breaker and our tow car at the time was (just about) OK so we thought if we buy a Vigo would we ever regret NOT buying a Cartagena, the answer was YES. Only downside - car (Mercedes E320) was 'just about OK' so we now have a SUV, said I'd never get an SUV but now loving that too.

 

If you have budget and tow capacity look at the Barcelona too...

 

Thanks for the vote of confidence, I think we’re about to take the plunge. Our current car tow match is 70% so we’ll equipped to pull the Valencia. We can’t really go any any bigger as our storage is limited. we’re going from a Gt65 Verona to a Unicorn and looking forward to the Alde heating system and new layout. 

22 hours ago, trauts said:

2019 Cartagena here - fantastic van. Just had its first service with no problems.

👍👍

22 hours ago, PeteG said:

Not a Black Edition but we have a 2015 Valencia that we are overall very happy with.  Had to get the roof strap replaced last year when it developed a very minor leak but that was done under warranty with very little hassle.  We were at the caravan show in Glasgow last week and had a look at the Black Edition Valencia, which was certainly very nice but really only superficially different from our 2015 model.  We like the layout of the Valencia - doesn't seem a very popular layout now judging by the models on display at the show but it suits us.  

 

We tow it with a Mercedes E350 estate.  Excellent tow car, we have been all over Europe with it, very stable outfit, you would hardly know the caravan was on the back if you didn't see it in the rear view mirror.

👍👍👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...