Sign in to follow this  
Snorbie

Swift basecamp damp has returned

we have a swiftbasecamp that was recalled by swift last year because a batch of them were suffering from damp 

off it went to the factory for 6 weeks to be repaired  but 12 months later the damp is back ...the van is less than 3 years old and it seems like every time we take it away we have to take it back to the dealer to have it fixed be it the cooker not working or the latest last week the roof was leaking 

any ideas what we should do next ...confidence in swift is nil ...I mean what are they going to do this time that they never did the last 

I am afraid you will have to take it back. lt is far too late to reject it but both the guarantee and the Consumer Rights Act should apply. If you have lost confidence in it then after the repair trade it in or you may find the dealer will do you a deal and sort the problem out under the guarantee if you have anything you like.

Edited by Wildwood

You should first seek legal advice, there are provisions in the CRA for failed repairs but I would not like to say how this affects you.

I strongly suggest that you contact Which Legal Services for free advice and then decide what you want to do.  You may still be able to reject the caravan depending on when it was bought and  when repairs were done.  

By taking it back for damp issues Swift have in a round about way admitted there is an inherent issue with the design of the caravan.