T&N

Included weight in Miro

Please can anyone tell me, I have a 2015 lunar clubman SB and I can't find in any of the paperwork what was included in the weights etc.

There was a solar panel and motor mover fitted before we brought it so I know I have to include that in my payload, but not sure what was originally included? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Whatever you may find or whatever anyone may tell you, they can all be off the actual figure, so the safest way is to have it weighed.

If in doubt, the best solution, by far, is a weighbridge.

Thanks 😊 

Yes my plan was to go to a weighbridge, I have weighed everything I've put in but I wasn't sure what other bits I need to weigh, there was lots that the previous owners left and some things may of been withen the original weights.

What I've added is well withen my payload but it's surprising how much other stuff may still need weighing 🙈.

I think I have to be ruthless in what I take

38 minutes ago, T&N said:

Please can anyone tell me, I have a 2015 lunar clubman SB and I can't find in any of the paperwork what was included in the weights etc.

There was a solar panel and motor mover fitted before we brought it so I know I have to include that in my payload, but not sure what was originally included? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

The MIRO Mass in Running Order is the weight of the caravan leaving Lunars Factory inclusive of hook-up cable (6Kg) and winding handle 1 Kg plus an allowance of 8kg for a gas bottle. Does not include any water in toilet etc. As you say will not include mover or panel. Look in handbook under weights or online for latest handbook which will be the same for this issue.

• +1 1

It would be best to remove most of it before weighing. Motor mover, battery, solar panel, gas bottles are all likely to be added on top of the ex-factory weight.  Don't forget to drain your water system and loo. The front gas locker should be empty. Weigh what you add after and make a note of what is included or fitted at the time of weighing. You can weigh things you add later. Put the note in a safe place so you don't lose it. 

Surely the important thing is to weigh the caravan now with everything that is in it and then subtract that amount from the MTPLM ( the max allowable weight).

Then you will know how much you can add.

• +1 1

28 minutes ago, bubble2015 said:

Surely the important thing is to weigh the caravan now with everything that is in it and then subtract that amount from the MTPLM ( the max allowable weight).

Yes I was just thinking the same! Seems silly to remove so much stuff to just then re add it, if I weigh as it is I will know if I'm under or over.

Then I can add or remove items according. 😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, T&N said:

Yes I was just thinking the same! Seems silly to remove so much stuff to just then re add it, if I weigh as it is I will know if I'm under or over.

Then I can add or remove items according. 😊

Its ok to do it either way. A bit like breathing in and then out. Both are fine. :D

11 minutes ago, Ern said:

Its ok to do it either way. A bit like breathing in and then out. Both are fine. :D

Lol

I did weigh everything before adding it but it's surprising how much everything weighs! 🙈

I've just emailed lunar asking how I go about upgrading the weight, I see I can upgrade by 75kg according to the paperwork🤞 although that seems quite a lot🤔 

I hope that you will be able to upgrade. As far as I was led to believe that can only be readily done by the manufacturer(for many makes via a dealer). However as Lunar is no more and the work is now run by Lunar Automotive I have no idea. I upgraded my 2018 Lunar Clubman ES by 100kg when purchased

3 minutes ago, Easy T said:

I hope that you will be able to upgrade. As far as I was led to believe that can only be readily done by the manufacturer(for many makes via a dealer). However as Lunar is no more and the work is now run by Lunar Automotive I have no idea. I upgraded my 2018 Lunar Clubman ES by 100kg when purchased

Wow 100kg that's fab😊

Yes hopefully we can 🤞 

8 hours ago, T&N said:

Lol

I did weigh everything before adding it but it's surprising how much everything weighs! 🙈

I've just emailed lunar asking how I go about upgrading the weight, I see I can upgrade by 75kg according to the paperwork🤞 although that seems quite a lot🤔

Unfortunately I doubt you will get an email to your satisfaction from lunar as it is now a different company to when your caravan was manufactured

10 hours ago, compact said:

The MIRO Mass in Running Order is the weight of the caravan leaving Lunars Factory inclusive of hook-up cable (6Kg) and winding handle 1 Kg plus an allowance of 8kg for a gas bottle. Does not include any water in toilet etc. As you say will not include mover or panel. Look in handbook under weights or online for latest handbook which will be the same for this issue.

MIRO is not the weight of your caravan as it left the factory, but the weight of a caravan of the same type that the manufacturer submitted for type approval. There may be quite a substantial difference.

10 hours ago, bubble2015 said:

Or Subtract! I took my previous Barcelona to the weigh-bridge with just the essentials in - aquaroll, wastemaster, cable, motor mover. crockery. cutlery, awning pegs etc etc - no clothes or food and it was 20kg over the max permitted weight.

10 hours ago, T&N said:

Lol

Have you only had a look what the label by the door says? If so, have another look to see if there is another plate elsewhere on the caravan (maybe in the front locker). This will be the statutory plate and it may show a different (higher) MTPLM. If so, the simplest solution would be to remove the label by the door because all the the information that must be displayed by law will be on the statutory plate.

3 hours ago, Lutz said:

Have you only had a look what the label by the door says? If so, have another look to see if there is another plate elsewhere on the caravan (maybe in the front locker). This will be the statutory plate and it may show a different (higher) MTPLM. If so, the simplest solution would be to remove the label by the door because all the the information that must be displayed by law will be on the statutory plate.

Oh no I haven't looked good tip! 

I did find in some paperwork I got with the caravan a label that states a higher payload, so now I'm more confused if I find another plate lol.

There is no hard and fast rules by caravan and motorhome manufacturers and can even vary on models what is included or not and things like gas allowance can vary .

As said best option is a weighbridge or you purchase a weight gauge .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Lunar website has the Owner Handbook and Service manuals from 2015... 

There Mass (in) Running Order is mentioned in the Service Manual Specs lists.... as MRO.. but they don't state what is included.  But as the 'rules' changed in 2015 probably no battery, no water, maybe a gas bottle (or two) plus hookup cable, step and steady winder.

It will include all the standard stuff supplied, as mentioned in the brochure https://www.pirancaravansales.co.uk/images/pdf/Lunar-2015-Caravans.pdf  Again, no mention of what they include in the MRO numbers. 

37 minutes ago, Easy T said:

Page 4 of the handbook gives details

Excellent:Thankyou:  

:blush: I missed that when I skimmed through it earlier. {where's the :facepalm: smiley when you need it?}

4 hours ago, Easy T said:

But a handbook cannot state a weight that is specifically applicable to a particular caravan. It can be no more than a generic weight. As such, it can vary from caravan to caravan, depending on possible engineering changes during the course of the production run.

As far as I am aware the question was what is included in MIRO

8 minutes ago, Easy T said:

As far as I am aware the question was what is included in MIRO

Whatever is stated that it includes, it will never be the precise actual weight of the caravan in question and that, after all, is what interests the owner most.

Edited by Lutz

13 hours ago, Lutz said:

MIRO is not the weight of your caravan as it left the factory, but the weight of a caravan of the same type that the manufacturer submitted for type approval. There may be quite a substantial difference.

If you read the handbook the essence of the wording is exactly as they use, you have to make some assumptions one being each model of caravan conforms to the weights as given by the manufacturer just as you have to assume the weighbridge is correct.