Sign in to follow this  
discodunc

Campsite recommendations in Arras to see war memorials

I am planning on taking my 80 year old father over to France in May to visit some of the War sites around Arras area

can anyone recommend a nice caravan site in the area suitable as a base to visit some of these places please

must have decent toilet and shower facilities And with access for a twin axle caravan

Many Thanks

Edited by discodunc
Update

Ring the Arras tourist office on +33 3 21 51 26 95 and ask them.

It is standard practice in France to get local info by going to the town web site - which will be www.{townname}.fr - and searching for 'campings'.

Be sure when booking to confirm that twin axles are accepted - often in France they are not especially on smaller sites.

La Paille Haute 12 km from Arras    www.la-paille-haute.com    have not stayed there myself but know of friends who have and the recommended it

Might be a bit further from Arras but we stayed here last summer to visit the area https://www.france-voyage.com/campsites/campsite-albert-53656.htm.  We had a great tour round the area and managed to visit all the memorials and places of interest.    Was a good central base and able to walk into Albert for meals/shopping etc.  

Hi Discodunc,

We have stayed at La Paille Haute at Boiry Notre Dame, although only for an overnight in October a couple of years ago. We found it a very pleasant site with views across the open countryside. There is a touring area which is separate from the statics. The site is to the East of Arras with easy access off the Arras to Cambrai road. Also easy access from A1 and A26. Geographically a pretty good base for the north of the Somme battlefieds and Vimy Ridge etc.

Bon Voyage

Cheers

Paul R T

many thanks for the comments. i'll take a look a those. I think some mentioned are ACSI as well.

Hi

La Paille Haute was ACSI last year (ACSI rate of 18 Euros from 1/4 to 24/6 and 1/9 to 15/10).

Cheers

Paul R T