Sign in to follow this  
LenV

CCC Loch Ness Shore site directions

We are hoping to use this site in June, but the directions are sparse. The CCC directions seem to end on the B852. I used google earth and the only roads I could find to the site are quite narrow. Can someone please tell me which is the best approach to this site. Thanks

The only sensible way is from Inverness on the B852 through Dores and past the power station at Foyers.  That there is a power station there should give you some comfort - around 35 years ago I delivered a transformer weighing 122 tonnes along that route! To be fair, the police did close the road to oncoming traffic:-)

The road to / from Fort Augustus is worth a ride with a car, or bike but not with a caravan in tow!

Note the club advice to delay travel along the B852 until into the PM so that you don't meet any other outfits travelling away from site.

Lovely site, I was there in July 2018 with a TA, 8' wide Buccaneer so unless you have a HUGE outfit all should be well.

Jim

Thank you Jim. I will go on google earth and look at so I have good where I am going. I did forget to mention that I am coming North from Garlieston.Len

Edited by LenV

I am afraid it does not matter which direction you come from the B852 is the only sensible route as Jim says.

I love that site. I go as Jampot suggests -- From Inverness through Dores to the CCC site at Loch ness shores.  When leaving the site I prefer to go via Foyers to Fort Augustus.  Nice round trip with fantastic scenery. The Fort Augustus route is best done (when towing) East to West from the Campsite, there are loads of passing places.

When on- site take a walk up to the Falls of Foyers there's a good pub on the way up for a bar meal.  Alternately drive up to Foyers village and walk down the path ( Clearly Marked ).. 

Thank you everyone for your good advice. We are looking forward to visiting this site.  Len