Sign in to follow this  

Bailey's quality alert

I received a letter this morning with a modification strip  from Bailey concerning a quality  cosmetic issue affecting their caravan and motorhome  fitted with a Russell Hobbs microwave built between 8th October 2018 and 18th November 2019, I do not have a scanner so I can not scan the letter but here is a brief description of the issue.

"In a small number of instances, it has been identified that the door on the Russell Hobbs microwave has rubbed against the frame of the unit during transit which has caused a level of cosmetic abrasion in the process"

My caravan is fitted with a Daewoo microwave but I will still check it when I got a chance

Edited by Guest

I recieved the same today. Will  fit the strips at the weekend.

• I agree completely 1

Hmm my unicorn 4 was manufactured April 2018 and has a Daewoo M/W and I received the same letter.

46 minutes ago, 635mwd said:

Hmm my unicorn 4 was manufactured April 2018 and has a Daewoo M/W and I received the same letter.

Same here, I don''t think the the office wallah has ever been on the shop floor to know what is fitted in the caravan:D

1 hour ago, steve frs said:

I received the same today. Will  fit the strips at the weekend.

Which microwave is in yours, please?

Got the letter days ago, done the “modification” it takes seconds.

To be fair to Bailey it’s not any of THEIR materials that are in question here. It’s the door of the microwave. In a couple of places the inside of door has rubbed against the rest of the body and caused the surface finish to ‘dull” somewhat. It’s on the inside of the door and to be honest, if I hadn’t had the letter from Bailey I doubt if I would EVER have spotted it.

Storm in a teacup! 

Andy

not urgent then, I have had the letter , seen it was to do with the microwave and have put it to one side for when we go down to the van, but good to know .

Joanie

Its a really insignificant cosmetic thing and, like I said, if not alerted by Bailey I would never have spotted it? 

Andy

• Thanks 1

Interesting. When we took out our new 2019 Valencia for the first time in October, we noticed this abrasion on the microwave frame, and when our excellent dealer, Cosford Caravans carried out snagging they replaced the microwave.  I must check the frame again this weekend.

I' m only a customer, but why did Bailey not fit a microwave with a stainless steel or polished metal interior in the first place?

It’s the DOOR (not the frame or body) that has slight markings on the inside.

It’s not a Bailey part but a Russell Hobbs supplied microwave so it’s them, not Bailey you should direct your question to! 

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

I had to smile to myself as I received the same letter yesterday (the wear was there and the strips were fitted today in seconds) just a week or so after I had tried to get somewhere with Bailey over a much more important issue; namely mice getting into my new Unicorn 4 and apart from chewing some of the upholstery they created a potentially deadly hazard (I recommend all to see my new topic elsewhere here). Bailey's Customer Services weren't interested.

So much for their desire to seek total customer satisfaction there! Perhaps they are only helpful if it isn't going to cost them more than a few sheets of paper and some postage stamps.

You might be able to tell that I for one am not impressed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigTrev said:

I had to smile to myself as I received the same letter yesterday (the wear was there and the strips were fitted today in seconds) just a week or so after I had tried to get somewhere with Bailey over a much more important issue; namely mice getting into my new Unicorn 4 and apart from chewing some of the upholstery they created a potentially deadly hazard (I recommend all to see my new topic elsewhere here). Bailey's Customer Services weren't interested.

So much for their desire to seek total customer satisfaction there! Perhaps they are only helpful if it isn't going to cost them more than a few sheets of paper and some postage stamps.

You might be able to tell that I for one am not impressed.

I can understand your concern about mice getting into your caravan, but what is that got to do with Bailey?

I've had three Baileys and had no issues with any BUT I wish they would focus more on the dreaded leak on the roof joining strip-which is THEIR doing so that they can sing that song of total customer satisfaction.....Just my opinion based on what I've read here so dont ambush me ;-)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

I've had three Baileys and had no issues with any BUT I wish they would focus more on the dreaded leak on the roof joining strip-which is THEIR doing so that they can sing that song of total customer satisfaction.....Just my opinion based on what I've read here so dont ambush me ;-)

I am on my 4th since 2004 no issue either. apparently the roof strap has been modified to stop the leak. That was one of my question to the dealer when I collected my new van last year.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, oldboy said:

I am on my 4th since 2004 no issue either. apparently the roof strap has been modified to stop the leak.

Excellent news for future Bailey owners!

Shame Bailey couldn't send a similar letter about the roof issue though don't you think?

Edited by charlieboy2608

14 hours ago, David 38 said:

Which microwave is in yours, please?

Mine is a Russell hobbs  2019 pegasus grande

Edited by steve frs
Amending text

On 06/02/2020 at 18:07, Mr Plodd said:

Joanie

Its a really insignificant cosmetic thing and, like I said, if not alerted by Bailey I would never have spotted it? 

Andy

Same letter arrived today ... Funny enough I've also received an email today answering a couple of serious concerns of my Uni 4, so just a shame they can't be so "pro active" in sorting those out, but can send me a couple of stickers for a microwave I haven't got ... Happy days 👍

As a Unicorn 4 owner I’d be interested in knowing what your serious concerns were. We’ve no issues with ours.

We have a U4 Seville and a number of mainly design issues:

On delivery the bathroom door was warped. The dealer took the door off their demo model and that was worse, so two new doors ordered.

Bathroom door is thicker than the panel to which it is attached and not in line (design, not a fault) resulting in being able to see into the bathroom through the hinge gap.

Bedding locker doors (over N/S wheel) fell off when driving home from collection. Doors - not light - held in place with 15x3mm screws. Replaced them with 22mm or 25mm screws and all fixed.

Terrible weight balance. No matter how hard we try the max noseweight we can get is about 52Kg and that with a 3.9Kg Propane! (For other readers the kitchen and gas locker are all at the back.)

Very poor design/build such that, on second use, I turned over in bed (we sleep 2xsingles, me on nearside) and the front end of the bed collapsed due to lack of support. Baileys told the dealer to find a solution and let them know!

O/S/F window so poorly fitted you could get your fingers out round the edge.  Fixed by dealer but just found still not airtight.

Poor mains inlet with single top-hinged flap means flap bounces and rattles bodywork through its mounting when its windy. We tie it to the connector with a Velcro strap.

Mains sockets in kitchen are fitted with plug cable entry towards side wall so if the plug has a significant cable protector the only way to use said plug is to fit an adapter. Affects both our kettle and Nespresso.

Mains sockets at front are on side of front chest close to (nearside) sleepers head/face.

And they call this QUALITY?????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bobsandy said:

As a Unicorn 4 owner I’d be interested in knowing what your serious concerns were. We’ve no issues with ours.

Then why are you interested in mine ... What I can say from experience is "never say never" 😉

22 hours ago, Bobsandy said:

Sent you a PM with images 👍