Message added by CT Advertising

Purple Line Logo Purple Line's Quattro motor movers are easy and fast to install and offer incredible power. With 7 year warranty, 5 star customer feedback and exceptional aftersales care. Shop online today.

Hi

Our Powertouch motor mover was fine last week when moving our van out of storage.We tried it last week and  not a sounds out of the mover.I checked the  caravan  battery plus the  battery handset and all the fuses in the van   all were   ok. Very strange in deed.

Try removing power cables to the mover, clean all contacts really well and refit. Had this problem last season and it worked on our van.

What did you check on the caravan battery?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

When you switched the hand set on, did the handset lights behave normally. Voltage of the handset battery is critical - it must not fall below 9V. The Leisure battery on the caravan will not do anything if its less than 12V UNDER LOAD. Have you tested both with a multimeter?

Ern

If you haven’t already done so. Switch off the motor mover and handset. Switch it back on then switch on hand set as usual.   As already said it will not work if either battery has failed. 

• I agree completely 1

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

Stupid question, did you switch the Master Switch on

Les

Assuming you've done the prudent checks

i.e.

1. Operating the Master Switch does supply power to the control box,

2. The control box responds to the remote control when to try it (check the LEDs on the box).

2. Battery voltage (measured at the control box) doesn't sag below (say) 12.5 V when you try to run the motors.

We had this problem and Powrtouch (aka Truma) sent a contractor out to replace the Control Box. 

He implied that this isn't an unusual fault.

if after trying all the advice on here you still have a problem,  contact powertouch, we found them  very helpful when we needed help

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...