Sign in to follow this  
Hillstart

Tyre bulge when moving using motor mover

We are now proud owners of a twin axle caravan with motor movers on all wheels. When we turn caravan into drive using the mover the rear tyre/s & or wheel seem to bulge/buckle. Hubby did mention this when we collected caravan to sales chap, anyone experience anything similar. We do have quite a tight turn so perhaps need to figure out different manoeuvre. Single axle was fine 🙄. Thanks 

I assume you checked tyre pressure are correct and that suitable tyres are fitted not just car tyres?

Is it just 1 tyre? If so is the roller the same distance away from the tyres as the others when not engaged ?

Tyres are surprisingly flexible. Have you ever looked at the tyres on a three axle Artic trailer when it does a U turn fully loaded?

ours is exactly the same; it makes it look as if the wheel has moved! The tyres are correct pressure so it's normal!

It’s the way the tyres and suspension wind up with the strain of an AWD set up is the reason I’ve only got a single mover on the rear axle of my TA. 

Probably quite alright but to me it just looks so wrong with the tyres peeling off the rims loading up the bearings and torsion bars. 

Sign in to follow this