Has anyone stayed on Camping Gritt at Ingledorf in Luxembourg with a twin wheel caravan and/or a van over 8m in length? If you try to book thesite through the CMC it will not let you get a price if your van is a twin wheel or over 8m in length, and you have to ring the club for a price.

Looking for any info. from anyone who has stayed there with a twin wheel 8m+ van.

BMW X6 M50D + Buccaneer Schooner 2017

That campsite was closed for  a major rebuild in 2018 so you need an opinion from someone who was there after that - or Talk to the site manager herself about pitch sizes . 

Quite common for twin axles and vans over 7.5m, nearly all of the sites I have booked for my trip to Spain starting tomorrow have had to get prior approval through the club.

I have stayed at Gritt before the rebuild and there was plenty room then because a lot of the pitches have no physical boundary.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

Thanks. I have spoken to the Club and the site will accept our van, so we are booked up for a stay there later this year:)

20 hours ago, gmc15 said:

Has anyone stayed on Camping Gritt at Ingledorf in Luxembourg with a twin wheel caravan and/or a van over 8m in length? If you try to book thesite through the CMC it will not let you get a price if your van is a twin wheel or over 8m in length, and you have to ring the club for a price.

Looking for any info. from anyone who has stayed there with a twin wheel 8m+ van.

Your get the same result here if you try and book a CMC site with a 8m restriction as the website knows your length .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

34 minutes ago, moorgate said:

20 euros (£17) at Camping Gritt until 12 July 2020 with an ACSI card.  Does CMC match that ? 

No idea. I just booked a couple of sites and ferry crossings as part of a package so got some sort of discount.  The invoice doesn't have a breakdown of individual costs for sites and ferry, just a total, which I am OK with.

I would always be wary of ACSI pitches with a twin axle 8m van after numerous interesting pitches offered to us. We always rang in advance and informed them of our van's dimensions and build. To be fair this has always been in France. One site owner told me in very good english "if it does not fit on my ACSI pitch you can leave" - we did.

Now we don't bother with ACSI as it is a holiday and I can't be bothered to struggle or argue. 

That said, if I ever go single axle ACSI all the way  :D

21 minutes ago, utccman said:

I would always be wary of ACSI pitches with a twin axle 8m van after numerous interesting pitches offered to us. We always rang in advance and informed them of our van's dimensions and build. To be fair this has always been in France. One site owner told me in very good english "if it does not fit on my ACSI pitch you can leave" - we did.

Now we don't bother with ACSI as it is a holiday and I can't be bothered to struggle or argue. 

That said, if I ever go single axle ACSI all the way  :D

I've never been to any site that had ACSI pitches set aside specially. That would rather defeat the point of ACSI??

We have been on many sites - and indeed we chose not to stay at some - where ACSI customers do not get to choose their pitch - Camping Bella Italian, Lake Garda, Camping Parigi, Lake Maggiore and a shed load more.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.