David350

TV & Wall Bracket setup for Bailey Vigo 2020

Looking at buying a 2020 Bailey Unicorn Vigo & would appreciate advice on what sort of TV/Wall Bracket any other Vigo owns might recommend. Clearly there is no shelf, so it has to be wall mounted. Width is fairly tight (max width of TV 470mm) & being in the doorway I would prefer the final set up to be as shallow as possible to avoid banging it with my shoulder when entering/exiting the van. I'm kind of thinking of a Cello 20 inch (prefer not to pay the higher cost of Avtex) with a fairly flush bracket (see attached), or might I be better off with an adjustable  bracket which would push the TV further out into the doorway but maybe offer a better viewing angle? So any Vigo owners who have got a good set up that works for them, please can you share it with me? Ta very much 

TV Bracket.jpg

The Avtex bracket is available separately  and the fixing holes in the  back of the  TV are a standard on all  small

TV's. 

Have you had a look on the Bailey website? ie Prima-for our Pegasus there was a special wooden/metal slide out bracket that came out from the tv area behind the fridge above the bed-with instructions as to exactly where the reinforcement was to mount it-nice quick release bracket included and a hold back for travelling.?

Doesn't look like your van has that tv shelf above the bed but am sure there must be an area suited? Sorry.

hi this is where i had my tv  i also put my sky box in the cupboard next to the bed and installed a plate with hdmi and aerial sockets so i could fix the sky magic eye thing as there was nowhere else to put the box ,,ii

20191020_110548 (2019_12_11 09_02_26 UTC).jpg

On 19/02/2020 at 06:58, robf1234 said:

hi this is where i had my tv  i also put my sky box in the cupboard next to the bed and installed a plate with hdmi and aerial sockets so i could fix the sky magic eye thing as there was nowhere else to put the box ,,ii

20191020_110548 (2019_12_11 09_02_26 UTC).jpg

Can I ask how the bracket is attached? Is it bolted through? Did you have to remove the fridge?

Well thanks for all your helpful replies. Since posting the original question I have bought the Vigo at the NEC and the dealer has promised to fit a flush bracket on the bulkhead in the reinforced area, so problem solved. I have also bought an Avtex TV & soundbar combination with carry case at the NEC (the deals were VERY competitive) - so am now good to go (well, I will be once the new Vigo arrives!!!). Thanks again for all your advice.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2020 at 13:28, David350 said:

Well thanks for all your helpful replies. Since posting the original question I have bought the Vigo at the NEC and the dealer has promised to fit a flush bracket on the bulkhead in the reinforced area, so problem solved. I have also bought an Avtex TV & soundbar combination with carry case at the NEC (the deals were VERY competitive) - so am now good to go (well, I will be once the new Vigo arrives!!!). Thanks again for all your advice.

David, can I ask does the case take the tv with the soundbar attached?

If so which size tv do you have and which case? as I am currently trying to source one.

Thank you 

Eamon

Hi Eamon, we bought the Avtex Connected 219DSFVP 21.5” TV (with the Avtex Soundbar) and the Avtex 21.5” case & (AV215BG) the case is designed to accommodate the TV with the soundbar fitted to it (& all the cables it comes with).  It really is a quality piece of kit & we would highly recommend it. We ordered everything at the NEC in February from Jacksons Leisure Satellites (01924 848566)  & their service was top notch (the kit arrived a few days later perfectly packaged) & the price they quoted was way below anything we could find on the internet. The difference the soundbar makes to the audio quality is amazing!!! Good luck with sourcing your kit.

David

56 minutes ago, David350 said:

Hi Eamon, we bought the Avtex Connected 219DSFVP 21.5” TV (with the Avtex Soundbar) and the Avtex 21.5” case & (AV215BG) the case is designed to accommodate the TV with the soundbar fitted to it (& all the cables it comes with).  It really is a quality piece of kit & we would highly recommend it. We ordered everything at the NEC in February from Jacksons Leisure Satellites (01924 848566)  & their service was top notch (the kit arrived a few days later perfectly packaged) & the price they quoted was way below anything we could find on the internet. The difference the soundbar makes to the audio quality is amazing!!! Good luck with sourcing your kit.

David

David, thank you.

I have the Avtex L219DRS-PRO 21" with the soundbar and didn't know if I would have to keep taking it apart to store it in the case.  I currently have it in a home made cover. 

Your response is most helpful.

The dimensions on the avtex site appear to be very close.

Thank you again.

Eamon