Storage Pitch size ?

We store our caravan on an outdoor cassoa  silver site and have done for some years.  Pitch sizes don't vary much but my new caravan is a tight fit  - I guess the extra few inches of width have caught up with the old established pitch sizes.  The site owner is a decent sort and has offered to try to help but there's a waiting list for pitches.

I might have to look elsewhere so is there an "industry standard" pitch size or a guideline of any sort that could be expected?    Any thoughts?   Thanks 

CJ, CaSSOA recommend 3.5m from jockey-wheel to jockey-wheel. This would give a gap of about  1.2m between regular vans, and about a metre between the 8-footers.

But of course storage owners can do as they wish, even on a site registered with CaSSOA. 

Personally, I think the minimum is enough to allow a door and step good clearance, and to allow easy use of of the steady winder.

John

Ours is kept at a CaSSOA Gold, we have an 8 footer with another 8 footer one side and a 7 foot 6er the other.

We have 36" to 40" each side.

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare if the truth be known ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

We have about 4ft each side, but I don't think this is typical.

Friends tell me that theirs is down to about 2ft each side and the owners insist that all van movements are done by staff. Literally only just enough room to open the door!

Thanks for all the replies.  Very helpful.

I have 21 inches both sides if I manage to centre things up.

When the neighbouring motorhome mirrors are left out I barely have 13 inches on  one side so I fold the nearest one in. 

The pitches are divided by heavy kerb stones that I struggled to move to avoid my wheels being an interference fit.

I'll contact the site owner with some of the sizes you've all mentioned.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, CJ1149 said:

We store our caravan on an outdoor cassoa  silver site...….

Out of interest, how much are you paying and roughly what part of the country?

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare if the truth be known ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Griff,  I'm in Derbyshire, mid way between Derby and Nottingham.  Currently paying £8 a week, 3 monthly in advance.

I've been on the same site for about 8 years and have never had a grumble.

Thanks CJ, ours is just shy of double that paid annually in advance. 

Unfortunately sellers market where I am.

On our storage site, we have 3 foot 6 inches either side!

give plenty of room!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

We have about 3 feet both sides and 2 car lengths roadway between rows

2018 Volvo XC60  D4 AWD + Penshurst Premier Plus (AKA Elddis Affinity 550)

I am fortunate to have my twin axle at the end of the row so I can move to the periphery of my plot and not interfere with anyone else's space.  The only trouble with that is that it gets some dirt thrown over it by the odd persons who do not drive slowly enough.  There are two wash bays, and an airline so its easy to clean up.

Bailey Pegasus Bologna / BMW 530d F11 M-Sport

on the site we use they have 4 different size pitches ans 4 different prices. It starts at 18' x 9.5' and we have to pitch close to the line, so we have 2 ' to open the door.  It's a gold site , over  500 vans.   

Happy Days