Acadia 520 & Kampa Club Air

Hi,

Does anybody know if the Kampa Club Air 390 awning would impede the front side window on an Acadia 520?

i would measure my own but have put it into storage under cover now.

any help would be appreciated.

47 minutes ago, EddB said:

Hi,

Does anybody know if the Kampa Club Air 390 awning would impede the front side window on an Acadia 520?

i would measure my own but have put it into storage under cover now.

any help would be appreciated.

I have a Kampa 390 polled version and this does cover about 2" so as the Acadia shipping length is 5" shorter it might fall more over the side window. It doesnt bother us as we have plenty more windows to open. We can put the window on vent easy though.

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1288275170_2019VIP.jpg.775f2d8ce7b26db242e04a2e77903cd0.jpg

1 hour ago, kiaboy said:

I have a Kampa 390 polled version and this does cover about 2" so as the Acadia shipping length is 5" shorter it might fall more over the side window. It doesnt bother us as we have plenty more windows to open. We can put the window on vent easy though.

Appreciate the feedback, i think your right , I estimate it’ll go onto the side window aswell. Like you say though plenty more windows to open. Cheers 👍🏻

• Like 1

Hi There

Not a Kampa 390 but to give you an idea we use an Outdoor Revolution 360 on our new Acadia 520 and it comes within about 10cm of the front window when pulled across level with the rear.

Suggest a 390 might end up overlapping.

Hope that helps. How are you getting on with the 520?

• Like 1

We LOVE our Outdoor Revolution-great awning!

• I do not understand 1

Bet my Isabella  Magnum would fit just perfectly .......😉

• I do not understand 1
1 hour ago, Jezzerb said:

We LOVE our Outdoor Revolution-great awning!

Yep. Very pleased with ours.

Was a bit heavy compared to conventional awning we had before (that was also an Outdoor Revolution) but obviously much better quality material.

Once we got the hang of getting in and through the awning rail it beats a poled awning hands down. Only use the hand pump but up in no time :D

• Like 1
  • I do not understand 1

Yes I reckon by the time you got an electric pump out and plugged it in etc you would have the beams done with the handpump! Great thing about the OR bladders is there is a pressure relief valve-prevents over inflation with the subsequent pop some people seem to experience.

• I do not understand 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi! We are just about to take ownership of Coachman festival 520 ( I’m 99.9% sure it’s a pimped up dealer special f Acadia 520) we live in Essex and are travelling to Glossop to collect. Can anyone tell me what the straight awning track measurement is?! We have asked Glossops also coachman and only coachman have been half helpful with an ESTIMATE of 397cm! We’re looking at buying the Kampa Club 390 plus awning and don’t want to make a mistake! Help!  Can Any seasoned experts give their advice please! 😌 

4 hours ago, Kerry A said:

Hi! We are just about to take ownership of Coachman festival 520 ( I’m 99.9% sure it’s a pimped up dealer special f Acadia 520) we live in Essex and are travelling to Glossop to collect. Can anyone tell me what the straight awning track measurement is?! We have asked Glossops also coachman and only coachman have been half helpful with an ESTIMATE of 397cm! We’re looking at buying the Kampa Club 390 plus awning and don’t want to make a mistake! Help!  Can Any seasoned experts give their advice please! 😌 

This was posted in introductions and my reply is in there.

We looked at a Kampa 390  Air but as  Kiaboy says it does overlap the window, so we went for a Kampa 330 Air, we had that for a couple of years but suffered pooling so we sold it and bought the new shape 330 Air launched last year, we used it in Spain in September and had very high winds and torrential rain and it stood up to it perfectly, well chuffed with it.

• Like 1

Les