Sign in to follow this  
logiesean64

Falkirk

Hi there, 

I'm looking for information/experience on caravan sites near Falkirk. My wife and I are having a long weekend in or near Falkirk. 

Sean 

• Like 1

There is a private site not too far from the Falkirk Wheel, called the Wheel caravan and camping Park.

Never actually stayed on it but did look into it when we were supposed to be going to a birthday party nearby.

We were going to give it a go for a couple of nights.

• Like 1

This is not a touristy area and |I have not seen anything in the immediate area although The Wheel was new to me. Not sure how far you are willing to travel, but there are a few in the Tillicoutry area, the best is probably the Woods. Witches Craig nearer Stirling is also worth a look.

Carrshill in Denny 10 min from falkirk. It's a CL site

Swift Colonsay 2006 2013 bailey valencia u2-- 2013 Elddis Affinity 550- 2017 Adria adora isonzo 613 platinum

strathclyde country park

beecraigs country park

We use the Linwater site when we visited the Kelpies & Falkirk Wheel. It's near Livingston and also handy for the Park & Ride into Edinburgh. Good sized pitches and friendly owners. Been back a few times now.

John M

• Like 1

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

Another recommendation for Linwater, been over 50 times.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2015 Buccaneer Cruiser.

On 25/01/2020 at 14:14, logiesean64 said:

Hi there, 

I'm looking for information/experience on caravan sites near Falkirk. My wife and I are having a long weekend in or near Falkirk. 

Sean 

Hi Sean

I know the area well as I’m from that neck of the woods originally.

There are many attractions nearby depending on your interests. The town centre ain’t touristy but the area definitely is.

As mentioned above, you have the Falkirk Wheel and the Kelpies, Bo’ness Steam Railway, Historic sites such as the battle of Falkirk site and Roman Fort and Antonine Wall, Callendar House and Park, Duncarron Medieval Fort near Denny, Linlithgow Palace. Then Stirling is less than half an hour away too with Castle, Battle of Bannockburn site and visitor centre, Wallace Monument etc.

If you need more detailed info, please just shout.

The sites mentioned above are the main ones but I can’t rate them as I’ve never stayed at them being too close to home.

We’ve visited your coast line loads over the years but this year will be the first with our first touring ‘van.

Towing: 2018 Swift Sprite Quattro EB

Tow Car: 2020 BMW X3 M40i