Sign in to follow this  
kahravan

CRiS Issue

Hello.

I will be buying our very first caravan. We saw one, had a deal with private seller and I personally checked CRiS number with CRiS and git back there is no issue with the caravan. The only point is 1/3 of the document (CVR8 New owner part) is missing but the actual owner part (CVR7) is still there. 

Do you think if that would be an issue?

4 hours ago, kahravan said:

Hello.

I will be buying our very first caravan. We saw one, had a deal with private seller and I personally checked CRiS number with CRiS and git back there is no issue with the caravan. The only point is 1/3 of the document (CVR8 New owner part) is missing but the actual owner part (CVR7) is still there. 

When I bought my caravan the previous owner notified CRiS about the sale but failed to give my details.  It just took a bit longer to get the registration,  about 6 weeks. I phoned them and found them helpful. 

4 hours ago, kahravan said:

Hello.

I take it they have not registered as new owners of the caravan that are the sellers . As said it just takes a bit longer to sort out .

Dave

Is it possible this is a trader who has bought the van and not registered with CRiS yet? 

Thus appearing to all intents to be a private seller?

Karahvan

The CRiS system is an entirely voluntary system that’s run by the caravan industry, It has NO legal standing whatsoever, so I wouldn’t worry about the situation you are in. 

Andy

• Like 1

Agreed it has no legal standing, but CRiS could help in certain situations, and I’d recommend everyone to register their vans with them.

My new van is waiting on registration - with Elddis blaming CRiS and the dealer blaming Elddis, but I’ve found CRiS easier to deal with than the other two !

John

CRiS charge I think and I've never contacted them when I change caravans.

I bought a beautifully kept one owner caravan from a private seller and paid a considerable sum of money for it.

Such a transaction can go seriously wrong so I was extremely careful!

I viewed the caravan at the sellers home address and agreed a sale with collection from his home address two weeks later.

I left no deposit.

I enquired if the caravan was subject to a finance agreement.....which it was.

I informed the seller that I could not buy with finance in place and he agreed to immediately pay off the finance.

After one week I paid CRiS for an ownership check and was also informed that the finance had been paid off.

They confirmed that the seller was registered with themselves as the owner at that address.

They record any finance agreement since the finance company is the legal owner of the caravan.

The seller confirmed he was a member of the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

I arranged to insure the caravan with the Caravan and Motorhome Club who confirmed to me that the caravan was known to themselves and the VIN number and model all checked out.

On handover day whilst at the sellers property and with the caravan, I paid the full amount via the internet Faster Payments system which took 5 minutes.

The seller checked he had the money in his bank a/c on his phone.

I was handed the CRiS document together with the handbooks and a bill of sale document detailing the transaction signed by both parties.

I left with the caravan which has proved to be an excellent buy :)

...............You can't be too careful.

Edited by WilliamJames

Sign in to follow this