Sign in to follow this  
winithewitch

Alu tech chopping board

When we bought our Bailey Pegasus 11 Milan there was no sink /cover chopping  board. before I buy one do they mark when using knife or do you turn them over to use so marks on underside  also would they hold my remoska on its stand or am I best getting a wooden one cut to size many thanks for any advice kath

https://www.primaleisure.com/product/1090084/white-chopping-board-alutech- ???

They are just a plastic material so will mark easily when used to cut stuff.  But it is fully reversible.  It's very large (too big?) and around 8 mm or so thick:  therefore quite rigid and will support a fair weight.  It sits in the table storage cupboard, mostly unused, on our P2 Rimini.  In place, it stops use of the sink for anything;  and it needs storing away when travelling (as the large grey plastic drainer then covers the sink).   At home we use these https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/legitim-chopping-board-white-90202268/ which are a similar material and thickness, I think.

We have smaller, thinner, plastic chopping boards kept in the caravan plates rack for chopping stuff in there.

we also use the thin plastic chopping boards, I also use one for putting the cups on , saves making a mess and easily wiped.

50 minutes ago, winithewitch said:

When we bought our Bailey Pegasus 11 Milan there was no sink /cover chopping  board. before I buy one do they mark when using knife or do you turn them over to use so marks on underside  also would they hold my remoska on its stand or am I best getting a wooden one cut to size many thanks for any advice kath

Just a thought from me, have you looked immediately underneath the sink where the sink cover is stored, I did not notice we had one at first and found it by chance when I was kneeling on the floor doing something that I cannot remember :unsure:, it does store away very discretely.

As it happens we never use it and revert to a small chopping board like the one Rodders53 linked to.

Use the IKEA chopping boards. Cheap and easily replaced. You can dishwasher them at home.

The sink cover is not a chopping board, but is there to give you extra work preparation area. Frankly we never use it though, and it is locked away in a cupboard. The best bet is to do as Bobsandy says and buy a proper chopping board so you do not damage the work surfaces.

• Like 1
  • +1 1

Thank you all for your replys  will get some from Ikea ( a lot cheaper two ) many thanks kath

Glass chopping boards are strong, durable and easily cleaned.  They are very good at blunting all your kitchen knives!

4 hours ago, Wildwood said:

The sink cover is not a chopping board, but is there to give you extra work preparation area. 

I beg to differ.

There are two covers supplied by Bailey with the P2 range of this era (like the one I own). 

One (dark grey) is designed to act as a drainer for dishes, lipped to fit over the rectangular bowl and with rubber feet;  fitting between sink and hob on the worktop.  The other is a white plastic and patently intended for a mix of uses including cutting and chopping food.

Other caravan makers (e.g. the Lunar caravan you own) may well have different arrangements for sink covers.

@winithewitch NB the Ikea boards will NOT fit the Bailey sink as the purpose-designed one does - they are smaller (they might be cut to suit perhaps, with the length down to the sink width?).

I was merely trying to point you (and other readers) to the type/thickness of material that Bailey supplied with the P2.

If you are looking for something to cover the sink area as extra 'worksurface' and/or for a Remoska Cooker then your own idea of a purpose made wooden panel would probably be much better.

Edited by Rodders53