Sign in to follow this  
Tadge

Buying A Car From The Internet

After initially sourcing our car from the net, i took the printed out deal to our local Mitsubishi dealers and asked them to beat or at least match the deal.

They couldnt. They tried their best which resulted in a top spec car at middle level spec price.

So i then took THAT deal to another dealer who beat it by 400 quid instantly, then threw another £1000 worth of extras in such as towbar, blacked out windows, full rubber mats throughout, power upgrade fitting and a deal on servicing.

This now works out cheaper than the 2 deals my friends got on the same car 1 year ago, minus all the extras.

So although the internet looked a good proposition, it got beaten, for me anyway, by 1 dealer.

Pick the car up on Monday.

Importing Opels and rebadging them as Vauxhalls is illegal IF the car is passed off as a Vauxhall, that's what my earlier post refers to!

It is of course legal to rebadge a car if it's origins aren't hidden - a number of Vauxhall owners rebadge as Opel or Holden, just to be different.

Hi Roger,

I imagine it is illegal, but I don't think there was any comeback so it looks like he got away with it. The garage where he traded it in knew it was an import as it was on the logbook as an Opal. He was trying to avoid the £2000 loss of trade in value but it didn't work,

Regards,

Ian.

THe Nissan X-Trail Aventura isn't available in 2wd form in the UK.

UK Direct are currently doing the X-Trail Aventura for £21,272 for UK vehicles supplied by a Nissan dealer.

I suggest discussing Motorpoint, Cannock with Staffordshire Trading Standards - I hope that's worded well enough not to give the moderators problems.

Hi Roger, a18041967's post clearly states that it is an import not a UK spec and that is why I advised caution.

Also is your "Suggestion" based on fact of rumour?

Steve

Edited by Grandpa-Steve

I will let you know -- collecting my new car -- sight unseen on Wednesday --- bought over the INTERNET !!

Collected the car yesterday - 400 mile round trip - exactly as described -- much brighter red than the photo. ..

The garage gave us a big bunch of flowers for Mary - tank full of fuel for the car. .

No hesitation of looking and searching on line again +£2,000 cheaper than forecourt prices down here - however I was only dealing with main dealers. .

Maurice

Hi Roger, a18041967's post clearly states that it is an import not a UK spec and that is why I advised caution.

Also is your "Suggestion" based on fact of rumour?

Steve

My suggestion is based on local newspaper reports of court cases - it's not rumour but I can't personally verify the accuracy.

31 minutes ago, sam-will said:

try to put your reg at check car details

Is twelve and a half years a CT record for resurrection of a long since inactive thread?

On 06/01/2020 at 21:51, ReggiePerrin said:

Is twelve and a half years a CT record for resurrection of a long since inactive thread?

Indeed. I started looking at page 1 and was puzzled by someone asking if it was OK to buy a car off the internet. I was thinking of replying "No!" because I thought he meant buying without seeing it, but then from the thread it seemed he meant finding a car on the internet. How else does one find a car to buy these days?

Then I saw the date!

• Haha 1