PR1

The longest break we have had since we started

Well this is the longest break we have had from caravanning since we started! Been home since the 7th December! Christmas, children’s birthdays, and a kitchen refit!

Of again in 10 days!

Must admit children an grand children have enjoyed us being home though!
Just cannot wait to get away again!

Been home for a week already! Itching to get cracking.

• +1 1

Agreed. The times between caravan holidays is just waiting...

As usual there is always something coming up between work and have not been out of since last July ! :blink: Mind you off to Prague next week for a 4 day city break then the following month down to visit our lovely Yorkshire couple in York we met on a cruise. I'm trying to squeeze in a weekend to Glencoe fore the snow but "She" who has to be obeyed has other ideas :(. Scared to look at Wee Berthy. Going up to the Storage this week to give the auld girl the once over and fit for the road...

GAS ... 

Been off caravanning since my heart attack and subsequent bypass operation last July/August. Were given the "all clear" after cardio rehab last Wednesday (8th). Ready to start caravanning again soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Townie said:

Been off caravanning since my heart attack and subsequent bypass operation last July/August. Were given the "all clear" after cardio rehab last Wednesday (8th). Ready to start caravanning again soon. 

Good to hear you are now clear.

• Like 1

Ourvan will probably bused in March afte ii is serviced.  Last use October, we planned to use it but there has just ben too much damn rain!

Did a Mediterranean cruise late November and flying to Barbados for a cruise end of February!

Bit of decorating going on at present.

2 hours ago, Townie said:

Good Townie ... Keep well ... B)

GAS ..

• Like 1

Went to Spain for six weeks in November 2017 and loved it so decided we would go back at the same time in 2018.  I then had a hip replacement in  December 2018 so we couldn't go and booked for November 2019. Two weeks before we were due to go hubby got vertigo so we had to postpone until the end of March 2020. Just been told this week that they will do a replacement on the other hip at the end of March. I think Spain is jinxed but we will post pone again until November. At least it is paid for so it will seem like a free crossing when we eventually get there.

1 hour ago, LongTimeCaravaner said:

Went to Spain for six weeks in November 2017 and loved it so decided we would go back at the same time in 2018.  I then had a hip replacement in  December 2018 so we couldn't go and booked for November 2019. Two weeks before we were due to go hubby got vertigo so we had to postpone until the end of March 2020. Just been told this week that they will do a replacement on the other hip at the end of March. I think Spain is jinxed but we will post pone again until November. At least it is paid for so it will seem like a free crossing when we eventually get there.

Get your health sorted first, you'll enjoy your holiday much more when you're feeling better!

• Like 1

Not been caravanning since September 2018 (our last outing before hubby died last August - he'd been in hospital since end of April).  Whilst Tom was in hospital, he told me to take a caravan towing course, which I did in early July, and I thought how easy it was.  So I told Tom that as soon as he was out of hospital, we would go for a week away.  Sadly, he didn't make it.  So now, I've cleaned the caravan, and have booked a week at end of April and heading for Shrewsbury.  But before, that, because of my trips to hospital visiting Tom, his funeral, then my aunt who passed away a month after Tom, and dealing with her affairs, I've booked a 3 day city break to Naples in March for a rest.  Its always been on my bucket list.  So I'll be climbing Mt Vesuvius and visiting Pompeii and Herculeum

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Babstreefern said:

Not been caravanning since September 2018 (our last outing before hubby died last August - he'd been in hospital since end of April).  Whilst Tom was in hospital, he told me to take a caravan towing course, which I did in early July, and I thought how easy it was.  So I told Tom that as soon as he was out of hospital, we would go for a week away.  Sadly, he didn't make it.  So now, I've cleaned the caravan, and have booked a week at end of April and heading for Shrewsbury.  But before, that, because of my trips to hospital visiting Tom, his funeral, then my aunt who passed away a month after Tom, and dealing with her affairs, I've booked a 3 day city break to Naples in March for a rest.  Its always been on my bucket list.  So I'll be climbing Mt Vesuvius and visiting Pompeii and Herculeum

Great Babs you deserve a wee treat. Pompeii is fantastic. If you can try for a trip to Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast . Simply breathtaking and its no far from Pompeii.....

GAS ...

Will try GAS.  I've only got 3 days though, but will definitely give it a try:)

10 hours ago, Babstreefern said:

Will try GAS.  I've only got 3 days though, but will definitely give it a try:)

Have a great time Babs, I'm sure you will.

Thanks Townie, will do.  Can't wait now.  Only 8 weeks.  On countdown:)

We had our last caravan outing towards the end of November. Had a weekend in Windsor just before Christmas though. Hopefully first outing of 2020 will be next weekend, to a CL we rejoined the Caravan Club almost a year ago to use. 

Getting cabin fever, away over New YEAR, then 'van into Campbells for who knows how long.