Sign in to follow this  
yorkyguy

Trethem Mill St Mawes

How tight is the approach with an 8' van?

The last 600 metres or so is single track with passing places. If that worries you deeply then send your navigator to walk ahead for that stretch to stop anyone coming to meet you.  But there are other sites in Cornwall where  the access is single track without passing places .

There are fairly "major" roads (as in busy-ish routes although the road will be a B-road) that are single track with passing places...  For example, towing along the B3306 coast road between Lands End and St Ives would be an absolute no-no for me as a pretty confident tower

Our only real concern is the risk of damage to an 8' wide van on the final approach up the narrow road to the site after leaving the A3078

Cheers all

I go there every year in my cadiz which is 7' 6 wide, yes it is tight and the first time I was concerned about the width. With 3inches  extra either side providing your experienced it should be ok. I am pretty sure I have seen wide vans on site, just take it easy. The site is worth it and one of my favourites.

Thanks for this sureflow

Our Buccaneer Commodore is due next week and as an experienced 'vanner,  I am keen to make sure that we can get up to the site safely without damage to the van now that we are towing an 8 footer!!