Sign in to follow this  
fatherthack

Bailey Phoenix Inflatable Awning recommendations

Intending to buy an inflatable awning. What’s opinion on the best, not necessarily cheapest. Budget around £1000.

Bailey Phoenix....

We have a Platinum 640. Bought a Ventura Air Trinus. It's part of Isabella so good quality. 4x2.6m. A very good size and easy to put up using a Kampa Gale electric pump. Got a Kampa carpet off Amazon £50 which fits and matches well. Had it for one season and looks very nice.

do you want a full size awning or a porch awning.  My porch awning is an outdoor revolution, we've had it 3 years now. It is a cheaper one as when we bought it I couldn't lift the dearer ones that we first intended buying, but it's worked out very well for us.

I found that our choice of awning was narrowed by the size needed to not cross a window.  We needed 420  cm (and no more than 250cm deep to stay within the hard standing area of our seasonal pitch, I don’t believe in killing the grass). This reduced the options considerably. Would have preferred a Kampa as had previously had good experience of Kampa (I know others haven’t; but can only speak for myself) but couldn’t get one the right size. Ended up with a Vango, which is very good, but pumping up the individual beams is less convenient.

Suggest  you start with checking the measurements of your van.

nanamel

On 09/01/2020 at 21:51, TonyandKaren said:

We have a Platinum 640. Bought a Ventura Air Trinus. It's part of Isabella so good quality. 4x2.6m. A very good size and easy to put up using a Kampa Gale electric pump. Got a Kampa carpet off Amazon £50 which fits and matches well. Had it for one season and looks very nice.

The Trinus covers the front side window only very slightly and there are plenty of other windows to open. Also has just a single inflation point

WE love our Outdoor REvolution-really well made and the tube valves auto adjust so if it gets hotter the bladder doesn't burst as the pressure sensitive valve lets some air out! 

• Like 1