Sign in to follow this  
Fortyfoot

Morrison's

AddTextToPhoto_8-1-2020-0-56-50.jpg

More reasons to shop at Morrisons :D

Might have something to do with this.

At their high prices I guess they can afford to do that.

Will still go to Aldi twice a week and my wife says we save over £10 a visit there.

I shop online at Morrisons so can't take advantage of the offer, however I have saved around £20 per week on my groceries .  Did like Aldi, but our local stores are very poorly stocked unless you can get there first thing in the morning - no good for working folk.  

Posted (edited)

we used to do most of our shopping @ Morrisons but noticed that when they put items on special offer other items GO up to compensate ? Fuel on offer but they put it up by 4p over the weekend so only a 1p saving.

Edited by kiters61

Fuel has gone up everywhere so Morrisons rise is not forced to be the offer. Blame Trump for the rise as it has raised tension in the Middle East causing the problem.

47 minutes ago, Wildwood said:

Fuel has gone up everywhere so Morrisons rise is not forced to be the offer. Blame Trump for the rise as it has raised tension in the Middle East causing the problem.

Another Trump hater?  LOL!  What he did was correct and anyway we do not get oil from Iran.  If it was Obama or Clinton woudl you be saying the same?

Yesterday the local Esso garage up the road  was £1.319 and Morrisons was £1.329.  If we get a voucher for the 5p off fuel from Morrisons we have always given it to the customer behind us or to someone in the car park getting out their vehicle. 

Posted (edited)

Yes I do that with Morrisons vouchers because of spend limit.

Another thing is you can only use the vouchers if you present a Morrisons card.

Edited by David 38

The cynic in me says check the price of fuel today and see how much it goes up by shortly before the offer.

22 minutes ago, SteveMilner said:

The cynic in me says check the price of fuel today and see how much it goes up by shortly before the offer.

Last time they had a 10p/litre off campaign, the Morrisons near me reduced it's pump price to match Asda & Sainsbury's as it's normally a penny more - I only needed 85 litres, when they've previously run the offer I needed 95 litres on two occasions.

10 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

Last time they had a 10p/litre off campaign, the Morrisons near me reduced it's pump price to match Asda & Sainsbury's as it's normally a penny more - I only needed 85 litres, when they've previously run the offer I needed 95 litres on two occasions.

Fair enough - Although I didn't specifically check the before and start last time they were running the offer, I needed to fill up, didn't have a voucher and it was 4p per litre more than the Sainsbury a few miles down the road.

4 hours ago, Wildwood said:

I filled up at £1.249 for Diesel on Tuesday in Sainsburys

I was not criticising Trump but merely stating the fact that he has unsettled the Middle East and this has driven up prices.

Morrisons here is in fact 0.2p cheaper than Tesco and Sainsburys although 1 p more than Asda so it has nor raised prices to cover the offer.

Sign in to follow this