Sign in to follow this  
LeadFarmer

Which 2nd hand Skoda Superb?

Which models should be sought out, or avoided? I'll have a budget of up to £10k for a 2nd hand estate model.

They seem get great reviews as tow cars, and I'm thinking of getting one as a second tow car.

From what I've read, the 1.5TSi ACT is to be avoided as plagued with issues surrounding setting off from stationary, with the 2.0TSi DSG being the one to go for.

Should I try and get the 4x4 version?

Which models/spec would be best with my budget please?

I'll be towing a 1450kg Swift

Any thoughts please?

There was an issue with DSG a few years back when it had a tendency to select the wrong gear at such as roundabouts. I believe this has now been resolved with a software upgrade but worth checking.

Irrespective of what the media says, don't overlook the 2L TDi which is something like 170bhp. A superb engine and <very> economical to run.

For 10k the 1.5TSi ACT is probably out of your price range anyway unless it has mega miles.

If you want DSG go for a 2.0 diesel or 2.0 petrol as it will have the most reliable DQ250 gearbox. Just make sure there is evidence of a 40k mile gearbox oill change or walk away.

34 minutes ago, Woodentop said:

There was an issue with DSG a few years back when it had a tendency to select the wrong gear.

DSG DQ250 was launched in 2003. Updates came both software and mechanical in 2005 and further updates in 2007.

That's 13 years ago so well before anything the OP will be looking at for £10k