Sign in to follow this  
wolfgang1983

Aqua Roll Container and Pump

Hi,

I have a aqua roll pump in my aqua roll container. When ever high winds south westerlies it blows around and keeps hitting wall making noise all the time.

Is there any way to stop the pump from hitting inside of the container in high winds it is very annoying sound

Unless it is something under caravan?

Thanks

Is it the pump inside the Aquaroll?  I suspect not.  It is more likely to be the plastic cover over the water connection point on the side of your van - well known for flapping in the wind.  Fasten it in position with a rubber band or better still, the universal caravanners friend, a lengthy of black tape will hold it steady

5 minutes ago, mw3230 said:

Is it the pump inside the Aquaroll?  I suspect not.  It is more likely to be the plastic cover over the water connection point on the side of your van - well known for flapping in the wind.  Fasten it in position with a rubber band or better still, the universal caravanners friend, a lengthy of black tape will hold it steady

Thank you so much for letting me know my first full year and rest of my life in my caravan in New Zealand.

Good advice by MW, if it still persists buy a length of rigid waste pipe, cut it to the size of the Aquaroll depth make sure the pump fits the diameter of the pipe, this will also stop the pumps pipe from curling inside the Aquaroll, you then will be able to use All the water in the Aquaroll.  Simples !!  

When I had that set up I placed a "spare" 2 litre water container on top of the Aquaroll lent against the cover.

That stopped the cover getting blown about and I also had an emergency water supply at the van should it be needed whilst I trundled off to refill the Aquaroll.

1 minute ago, JTQ said:

When I had that set up I placed a "spare" 2 litre water container on top of the Aquaroll lent against the cover.

That stopped the cover getting blown about and I also had an emergency water supply at the van should it be needed whilst I trundled off to refill the Aquaroll.

I love that word Trundled JTQ, not used much nowadays, I still use it a lot  :)

We use a Velcro cable tie to hold the water inlet flap in contact with the inlet hose.

Cheers

Keith

On 04/01/2020 at 07:14, wolfgang1983 said:

Hi,

I have a aqua roll pump in my aqua roll container. When ever high winds south westerlies it blows around and keeps hitting wall making noise all the time.

Is there any way to stop the pump from hitting inside of the container in high winds it is very annoying sound

Unless it is something under caravan?

Thanks

I get a banging noise when the wind is strong-ish.  It's the baffles inside the fridge vents.

another one that creates an annoying noise  is the waste pipe , we used to have the old grey hose and it would move against the wastemaster   , now we have the  rigid ones, much better

image.png.10b8f7ca67e6022e2bac9a51e38c6146.png

Hi all,

The cable tie seems to work strong winds again not as much noise from it.

Thanks all for tips.

• Like 1