Caravan Cleaner

ckearton

Last time I got my caravan back from the dealer (it had been in for a small repair), they had shampooed it and the paintwork was gleaming as if the van had just been resprayed.

I asked if I could buy the detergent so that in future I could use it, but they told me it was trade only and had to be appoied with a special machine. (A glorified pressure washer, no doubt).

Does anyone know of this product, and if it can be applied with a domestic pressure washer?

Charles

It`ll be a run of the mill TFR, if you pass any local car dealers and see i. e an Autosmart van it might be worth asking the driver for some. They`ll sell it to you in 5ltr tubs + get the one with added wax

Hi Charles,

You won't go far wrong with the Fenwicks range of caravan cleaners. Most people who use them recommend them. Just remember to leather off to prevent smears. Using a pressure washer on a caravan at HIGH pressure is not a good idea,although OK with the pressure turned down. Use Silky non abrasive cream for any black smears. :)

Frank

I use fleet wash neat with the added wax briliant you just need to make sure you wear plastic gloves or it makes your hands soar only reason I use this one is that is the one we use at work.

there is nothing wrong with fenwick products, however as advised above using high/low pressure washer on a caravan is asking for trouble the reason is caravan paint is very thin and the pressure could wash it off the panel

Guest john1215

There's a product advertised on TV - CILLIT BANG, you can get it in two or three different forms to do different jobs, I wonder if it has a use for getting rid of the black streaks.

john1215

There's a product advertised on TV - CILLIT BANG, you can get it in two or three different forms to do different jobs, I wonder if it has a use for getting rid of the black streaks.

john1215

7891[/snapback]

Just grabbed my bottle from under the kitchen sink!!

Usage areas: shower cubicles made from glass or plastic, wash basins and toilets, ceramics, taps, bath tubs and showers,chrome, floor and wall tiles.

Caution: do not leave on metallic surfaces for more than one minute to avoid potential discolouring. do not use on acid sensitive surfaces like marble, enamel, aluminium, natural stones or zinc plated materials. do not use on grouting made of lime. Do not use on hot or damaged surfaces. Do not allow to come in contact with textiles and carpets in case of damage. or discolouration. It is recommended to wear glasses.

All in all it seems pretty potent stuf and think I'll stick to the usual caravan cleaners!!!!

Regards

David, Callum and Connor (NRF)

Guest john1215

Yep,

Got that one but there is another "flavour" universal degreaser. Safe to use on Oven hobs, extractor hoods, work tops, tiles, doors, metal ventilation blinds, cupboards, stainless steel sinks, grills, garden furniture.

Not good for Vitreoceramic surfaces, halogen hobs, ovens(inside), marble, wooden surfaces, hot or damages surfaces, direct food contact surfaces.

john1215

Last time I got my caravan back from the dealer (it had been in for a small repair), they had shampooed it and the paintwork was gleaming as if the van had just been resprayed.

I asked if I could buy the detergent so that in future I could use it, but they told me it was trade only and had to be appoied with a special machine.   (A glorified pressure washer, no doubt).

Does anyone know of this product, and if it can be applied with a domestic pressure washer?

Charles

7684[/snapback]

Charles

Our local dealer uses fenwicks cleaner then fenwicks dazzle

as mentioned, leather off to prevent smears

I use it and it gives you a good result

Happy Caravanning

Tommy G

• 2 weeks later...

I asked if I could buy the detergent so that in future I could use it, but they told me it was trade only and had to be appoied with a special machine.   (A glorified pressure washer, no doubt).

Charles

7684[/snapback]

Don't use a high powerd hose ! use a hose pipe (wont effect your graphics) use silky and MIR. Silkys about £3. 50 a tub and can be applied wet or dry so can MIR, abot £9. 00 a litre but whats that on an expense like a van? Total result hope this helps.

Yes, I would be interested to know how others clean the roof. I am only 5ft2 and hubby doesn't clean the van for me. I have invested in some Fenwick cleaner and the overwinter cleaner - not that i have the van yet it is coming mid May. I will be having a large Baily Provence - how on earth do I reach to the middle of the roof!!! Mmmmm sensible answers only please. :D

Hi Emmajon,

Buy a cheap squeegy sponge with long handle. Mine cost £1. 99.

I have used tall steps and even a single section ladder, with pipe lagging round the stiles to protect the awning rail on the van. Put the bucket of water with Fenwicks or whatever, where you can reach it with the squeegy while up the ladder and away you go.

Rinse off with a hose pipe and use the Squeegy with a leather or micofibre cloth wrapped round it to dry it off to avoid smears. :)

Frank

Hi

Because of your choice of van roof cleaning should be easy.

Just open up the sunroof and stand on steps inside the van you can reach quite a distance because the sunroof is further back than on other vans.

Also if you are feeling brave Bailey say you can walk on the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to be desperate for a clean van to try this option.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brian

I use Fenwick's for the caravan, and finish off using bobby dazzler.

I have cleaned up the greenhouse glass this weekend, Fenwick caravan cleaner then bobby dazzler Brilliant!!!!!!!! :D

I was amassed at the algae that it shifted :rolleyes:

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I walk on my roof but it is solid and it is covered with one piece of rubber I need to walk on it to get round the roof lights I use fenwicks and it cleans great I also use a long handled soft brush that a hose attaches to which makes it easier and hubby puts me up on the fork lift as the roof is 10. 5ft hight

lizz

Anyone use one of the Autoglym squeegees instead of a chamois to wipe off? I've used them on cars and they really cut down on the work needed to dry a car with minimal chamois work, and would probably work better on a van due to the expanse of flat surfaces.

Just not got round to washing the van yet, so not tried it out.

Anyone use one of the Autoglym squeegees instead of a chamois to wipe off? I've used them on cars and they really cut down on the work needed to dry a car with minimal chamois work, and would probably work better on a van due to the expanse of flat surfaces.

Just not got round to washing the van yet, so not tried it out.

11522[/snapback]

The silicon ones, yep I think they are bees knees and wouldn't be without one. :D

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Yes, I would be interested to know how others clean the roof.   I am only 5ft2 and hubby doesn't clean the van for me.   I have invested in some Fenwick cleaner and the overwinter cleaner - not that i have the van yet it is coming mid May.   I will be having a large Baily Provence - how on earth do I reach to the middle of the roof!!!  Mmmmm sensible answers only please. :D

11317[/snapback]

I use an ordinary A shape ladder and one of those Hozelock rotating car brushes with the extension pole, can clean the sides of the van whilst standing on the ground and with the ladder for the roof.

Regards

David, Callum and Connor (NRF)

I am 21 stone and have strict anti -walking on roof policy. I am sure Bailey would also be pleased to hear this. Since my 'van is stored in barn, it does tend to become just a little dusty :lol: To clean roof I jack front of caravan as high as possible, and wash using hosepipe and one of those telescopic brushes, this seems very effective, I have never polished roof panel but use Fenwick products that are excellent and also Mer polish on panels accessable from terra firma. Take note from other members comments regarding high pressure washers.

Above all, happy scrubbing - it's very therapeutic. B)

I've justpurchased one of thoseextending brushes that you can attach a hose to. They cost about £25-00 from Towsure, about £20-00 from Motorworld and are brilliant, you can reach 3/4 of the way across the roof from one side off tall steps. The squeegys are also great for drying (took about 15mins with the blade) with no scratches or smears. David :)

Archived