Allan Guest

Lake Annecy

HI All,Been looking at sites near Annecy for a June 2020 holiday.

There are quite a few ACSI sites, some with good reviews and looking at their sizes, situation and facilities Camping L'ideal and Europe look good possibilities.

If anyone has any recommendations regarding sites in this area I would be very grateful to hear them.

Thanks

Try putting Lake Annecy into the Search box for this forum.  You will see several topics have discussed your question over the past couple of years.

Back in the early 2000s.  We stayed at the opposite end of Annecy.  Doussard, and staying at La Sarraz.  Lovely site.  We took our inflatable boat with us, and paid for a mooring spot, which was 26 Euros for 7 days, with parking free.  That was the best way to see anything.  Even saw Ospreys diving for fish, amazing sight.  Took a picnic hamper and moored at the edges of the lake.  Some great places, especially as you couldn't get to them by car:).  If you don't mind heights, you can go para-sailing off the tops of the mountains (or possibly they are hills that surround the lake, but its mainly at this side of the lake).  You can see Mount Blanc from the site.  There is also a disused railway track that you can use to cycle all the way to Annecy if you wish.  We also re-visited Annecy in 2012.  Ignore what the picture says about Tom being ill.  We only visited Annecy on this occasion, we actually stayed at Le Coin Tranquil near Lyon:D.  That's one of the boats that travels on the lake.  The other picture is looking out towards the lake.  Its the most brilliant jade green I've ever seen

Holiday where Tom got ill 239.jpg

Holiday where Tom got ill 240.jpg

Camping International  Le Lac Bleu, right on the Lake at Doussard

• +1 1

It’s a very popular area so I would strongly advise that you book a site (which ever you choose) rather than just turn up on spec. 

Andy

Camping La Ravoire at the Doussard end of the lake. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Annecy is one  of the few destinations we would return to. 

• +1 1

Initially we had a great stay at Annecy and feel it is a "must do" destination, however,  it was a summer that turned incredibly humid, and the bowl that is lake Annecy really collects that.

What we did, having to in our case, but still being in the area I recommend others do for its charms, was to move on and up to Grand Bornand camping l'escale. This high altitude site brought a much needed respite to the oppressive heat and more importantly the humidity of the lake; if into serious walking it is super.

• Like 1

We moved on too.  It's very pretty by the lake, but it was simply too busy and crowded so we went away. I have never seen so many tourists in my life.  We hitched up and moved to St Gervais les Bains and Sallanches, both at the foot of Mont Blanc, with an easy early morning drive from there up to Chamonix for the big cable cars. 

If you want a resort style site, this will not suit. We have stayed a number of times at Le Trexuex, just outside of Thones. Very simple camping among trees, surrounded by mountains. Check their website for prices https://www.letrejeux.com/emplacement-camping-thones-haute-savoie.php . Less than half what you would pay to be close to the lake, which is only ten minutes drive away.

21 minutes ago, Flying Grandad said:

If you want a resort style site, this will not suit. We have stayed a number of times at Le Trexuex, just outside of Thones. Very simple camping among trees, surrounded by mountains. Check their website for prices https://www.letrejeux.com/emplacement-camping-thones-haute-savoie.php . Less than half what you would pay to be close to the lake, which is only ten minutes drive away.

Still just works out more expensive for a couple than the ACSI options requested, but in ACSI season a few Euro.

We stayed at Le Taillefer on ACSI who were back then nearly 20 years ago "in bed" with the now CMC, not that their block booking clients arriving mid stay helped. This was then a small quiet site, and we moved there because we were initially at Europa and that was  anything but quiet!

Can now so many years on make no valid present day recommendation on either .

https://www.campingcard.co.uk/france/rhone-alpes/haute-savoie/doussard/campsite-le-taillefer-116231/

Edited by JTQ

Hi 

My wife and I have been to Anecy twice an I would suggest you look at what the locals call the sunny side of the lake the east shore. It catches more sun than the west side also it is great for a walk scramble up the Dent great views over the lake and mountains and it is strange to look down on circling para gliders. It is also quieter than the west side. If you enjoy climbing there a number of road side crags to play upon.

Sandy

8 hours ago, JTQ said:

Still just works out more expensive for a couple than the ACSI options requested, but in ACSI season a few Euro.

I canot see how an €11 forfait (Caravan, car and 2 people) + €2.50 EHU in June, works out more expensive than sites by the lake, ACSI or otherwise. In any case the OP's request was for "recommendations regarding sites in this area", not specifically ACSI.

12 minutes ago, Flying Grandad said:

I canot see how an €11 forfait (Caravan, car and 2 people) + €2.50 EHU in June, works out more expensive than sites by the lake, ACSI or otherwise. In any case the OP's request was for "recommendations regarding sites in this area", not specifically ACSI.

You are correct, should have asked Google to translate.

We stayed at Camping Belvedere in a pup tent about 20 years ago , it is very handy for walking down to the lakeside & into Annecy if you want . 

Only concern I had was a young lady in her 20’s sunbathing naked near the shower block , I didn’t know where to look , almost!.

16 minutes ago, stevew1 said:

We stayed at Camping Belvedere in a pup tent about 20 years ago , it is very handy for walking down to the lakeside & into Annecy if you want . 

Only concern I had was a young lady in her 20’s sunbathing naked near the shower block , I didn’t know where to look , almost!.

Can you remember what pitch number you were on, so I can book it  !!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Remember she will be a lot older now!!

3 hours ago, ascsbe said:

Remember she will be a lot older now!!

At my age, anyone under 70 would be ideal  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, Les Medes said:

a young lady in her 20’s sunbathing naked near the shower block

I would have had sooooo many showers

On 24/12/2019 at 11:34, stevew1 said:

I don’t normally use the site facilities, but I could be persuaded.

John

• Thanks 1

On 24/12/2019 at 11:34, stevew1 said:

Downwards ???

Andy

It's worth noting that the boat pictured in one of the above posts does a circular route around the lake stopping at various places. As I remember you can get on and off as many times as you like. Also you can take bikes on the boat at no extra cost.

Alan 

On 25/12/2019 at 11:34, Flying Grandad said:

I would have had sooooo many showers

Cold ones I hope ,  😎😎

Hi All, many thanks for the replies. Due to travelling and spend time with family not had chance to read thoroughly so will do so ASAP. 

Thanks again.

8 hours ago, Allan Guest said:

Hi All, many thanks for the replies. Due to travelling and spend time with family not had chance to read thoroughly so will do so ASAP. 

Thanks again.

If you need any more photos, let me know.  Its limited on here the amount of space you can use.  Two pictures are about enough to send. 

Hi, another vote here for Le lac bleu. Initial 3 day stay to check it out returning from the Med, returning twice in the last three years. With 7 days last August. We cut this year's initial 2 week stay short and carried on down to Agde due to persistent rain and at times pretty average tempertures. Mountain weather can be changeable. Excellent location, used my Zodiac rib every day and explored much of the Lake. Annecy is very touristy with numerous locations to eat etc. Also ventured up to la Clusaz which was an excellent location for exploring without the snow, bobsleighing on sleighs (artificially )and an air bag jump. We will return but had missed the reliable weather of the  Med.