Sign in to follow this  
Ern

Towing mirrors on Mk2 Tiguan

We have a pair of towing mirrors which I like a lot, and have used for about 6 years on the Volvo V70 with folding mirrors. We are swapping the V70 for a Tiguan 2017 (Mk2). Will our Milenco Aero mirrors fold in  ok on the Tiguan without colliding with the window glass? Its strange that Tiguan Forums don't have the answer, however is anyone on here actually using this combination of car/mirror. I haven't yet collected the car but would like to know in advance if possible.

I can't give a definitive answer - when you fit them the first time, leave the car mirrors folded, slacken each clamp and then fit the mirrors so they don't touch the glass.

Yes mine do just, fitted on the top part extended to max. 

I had  Areo mirrors on my Yeti which I think is the same mirror as yours. They folded in OK

I fit the larger Grand Aero mirror to out 2017 Tiguan and they just slightly contact the window when the cars mirrors fold in, but doesn't cause a problem.

I have tried aero and grand milenco and don't like either, in fact i still have the grands as emergency spares.

Instead i use these made by Milenco.

https://milencolimited.vpweb.co.uk/Products.html

Cost about £20 instead of the £55 i paid for the grands, it uses straps , and clamps along with a lanyard for if the mirror gets knocked off, you don't have to use the lanyard if you prefer your mirror to endanger cars following.

As for the folding mirrors I never fold mine automatically, so I've turned off that option in settings for the mirrors, like wise for the auto dip while in reverse.

I've used these mirrors now for 5 years on two CX-5 and a Mk2 Tiguan.

Xtrailman

Your link goes to the Milenco main website, not the specific mirrors you refer to! 

Andy

7 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Xtrailman

Your link goes to the Milenco main website, not the specific mirrors you refer to! 

Andy

Not for me but search for "3698 - MGI Steady View Towing Mirror - Twin Pack"   I think that is mine.