Sign in to follow this  
Jacko1

Don’t get complacent!!

Does any-one remember the days when 'vans had a check list stuck in the front window?

5 hours ago, micktheshed said:

Does any-one remember the days when 'vans had a check list stuck in the front window?

My van - brand new last month - has just such a sticker, supplied by the dealer.

FA7F14E5-8397-4BE6-B7A8-597AFE59B8D2.thumb.jpeg.ed1dbc2cc82b4ecc441a636c1a064ee5.jpeg

John

Edited by Johnaldo

Yes we had one branded Glossop vans on our AVondale Argente-didn't actually use it other than first time out though. I find if someone distracts you through the packing away process is when issues often occur-concentration and double checks are the way to go!  Bit like the old adage measure twice, cut once!

Edited by Jezzerb
  • Like 2

Mine is from Glossop too - a useful little reminder, but not comprehensive …

B92CA876-37A7-4D67-B8DF-A7533E927474.thumb.jpeg.7722fdb2a33dfbc2e140902507be2b70.jpeg

John

• Like 1

Useful perhaps ? For some?

The only thing Ive ever nearly forgotten to do before driving off is retract the mover rollers and it makes no mention of that, nor fitting your towing mirrors.......

And I only check my wheel bolt torque now and then....

Edited by Thehappygnome

We have only had the jockey wheel unwind on the past caravan, That one seemed to unwind and could also drop and needed checking regularly. It did eventually break and the replacement never did it. It does make me feel that the ones that do this are faulty, as it just seems to be a small percentage. If it is a problem I would strap it up to the Aframe before setting off to stop it moving.