Sign in to follow this  
JosephineD

Help! Lights Eccles 590

Hi Guys!! I hope someone here can help.
We just got our new Swift Eccles 590 caravan and we can't switch off the ambient lights above the kitchen cabinets.
Our dealer is closed for Christmas and also the Swift group couldn't help us.
We have tried all switches and also nothing in the control panel does the trick.
Who can help us out?? Thanks and merry christmas!!

Try.   Sit on offside settee facing the back of van, your back to the Front windows. Look up  and below the front shelf there should be two rocker switches. On my van these operate the ambient lighting.

Edited by b4bill

Swift Group seem to believe in random locations for light switches.

I am not familiar with your particular van, but check at knee height by the entrance door!

That's where they fit it in some Sprites.

2 minutes ago, Stevan said:

Swift Group seem to believe in random locations for light switches.

I am not familiar with your particular van, but check at knee height by the entrance door!

That's where they fit it in some Sprites.

Thanks Stevan. That one works for the other kitchen and ambient light but not for the 3 little ones above the kitchen cabinet. I am starting to think they might have forgotten to connect those ;)

1 hour ago, b4bill said:

Try.   Sit on offside settee facing the back of van, your back to the Front windows. Look up  and below the front shelf there should be two rocker switches. On my van these operate the ambient lighting.

That sounds like a hiding spot b4bill

6 minutes ago, Blackhart said:

Hello Josephine

Have you joined Swift Talk (https://www.swift-Talk.co.uk/), Swift Group's official forum? Someone there should be able to help you.

BH

Hi BH!

I didn't know about this forum I will join there too, thanks!
Probably it is a fault, unfortunately :( Because we took out the battery and all switched off. Then we put it back and switched on the ambient lights with the switch next to the door. Also then the ambient lights above the kitchen cabinets turned on. When we switched off, all light went out except for those above the cabinet :(

Merry Christmas!
Josephine

2 hours ago, JosephineD said:

Hi BH!

I didn't know about this forum I will join there too, thanks!
Probably it is a fault, unfortunately :( Because we took out the battery and all switched off. Then we put it back and switched on the ambient lights with the switch next to the door. Also then the ambient lights above the kitchen cabinets turned on. When we switched off, all light went out except for those above the cabinet :(

If the switch that turns them on does not also turn them off, it sounds very much like an electronics fault rather than an electric one, and the dealer will need to look at the Command unit. May be worth a phone call to Sargent, the maker of the Command unit.

1 hour ago, Stevan said:

If the switch that turns them on does not also turn them off, it sounds very much like an electronics fault rather than an electric one, and the dealer will need to look at the Command unit. May be worth a phone call to Sargent, the maker of the Command unit.

Thanks for that information. I also think it's a fault. Will contact them.

Had a similar problem with the lights above the cupboards in a Swift Eccles 580  2019 could not turn them off.I tried pulling the fuse still on then tried bedroom lights  fuse they went off after pulling that fuse.It transpired they had wired it up incorrectly to the rear fuse  

Try turning off the main switch that covers bedroom area

Cheers happy Christmas

6 hours ago, rambler2 said:

Had a similar problem with the lights above the cupboards in a Swift Eccles 580  2019 could not turn them off.I tried pulling the fuse still on then tried bedroom lights  fuse they went off after pulling that fuse.It transpired they had wired it up incorrectly to the rear fuse  

Try turning off the main switch that covers bedroom area

Cheers happy Christmas

Thanks!!! I am not sure if I understand 100% right but I am going to give it a try.