Sign in to follow this  
Harley9999

Truma Inet control box

my Imala motorhome has a Truma control box to control heating, tank gauges etc. First link below.

I have bought an Inet control box (wifi etc). Can anyone give me simple instructions how to connect the inet box to the control panel please. Especially regarding the power and other connection between both boxes

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/gas/caravan-gas-water-heater/truma-heaters/truma-combi-4-6-l.p.-gas-and-electric-heater-spare-parts/truma-cp-plus-control-panel-%E2%80%93-inet-ready/?ref=gs&gclid=CjwKCAiA3OzvBRBXEiwALNKDPxRWFPnFIeq-1gvLVHU9EubfGJ3TfaelS9jMlUfO0BG2vy4xjiWowRoCrisQAvD_BwE

https://www.primaleisure.com/product/1040729?gclid=CjwKCAiA3OzvBRBXEiwALNKDP5CdNiHPMrtgn_eQEUYFOReDuS3_35h20OPOMArXdvuUc-DAErrnZxoC8isQAvD_BwE

You really need to glean all the info from the Truma website - download the installation and operating instructions for the various components and also the info of how to connect and configure the iNet system

this might be a good place to start https://www.truma.com/uk/en/products/truma-inet-system/overview.html. There may also be some videos to help

Edited by matelodave

Tx for that, nowhere on the link or Truma website can I find the installation instruction for the CP controller, plenty of user instructions but not the former. I want to know if I connect the internet Ethernet cable to the controller or does it go to the heater?

On my unit the ethernet cable goes between the I-Net box and the control panel ( I think)

The iNet box basically needs 12v power and a ‘bus’ connection with the CP Plus panel (which must be an iNet ready version) and the combi boiler.  ThIs bus already exists from the panel to the boiler so the simple connectivity option is a new cable between the iNet box (TIN1) & the combi boiler (this method is plug and play as there is a spare connection slot in the combi).

I assume there is no other compatible device (eg air con) but if there were it too needs the bus connection. Examples and more details are found in this link here in English on pages 12-21. TIN 1 appears to be heating & TIN 2 air con.

On 26/12/2019 at 08:30, MartinJB said:

The iNet box basically needs 12v power and a ‘bus’ connection with the CP Plus panel (which must be an iNet ready version) and the combi boiler.  ThIs bus already exists from the panel to the boiler so the simple connectivity option is a new cable between the iNet box (TIN1) & the combi boiler (this method is plug and play as there is a spare connection slot in the combi).

I assume there is no other compatible device (eg air con) but if there were it too needs the bus connection. Examples and more details are found in this link here in English on pages 12-21. TIN 1 appears to be heating & TIN 2 air con.

Thanks, so I need a connection between the inlet box and the boiler. Not a connection between the inept box and the CP control panel?

36 minutes ago, Harley9999 said:

Thanks, so I need a connection between the inlet box and the boiler. Not a connection between the inept box and the CP control panel?

Yeah exactly ;-) The other connection will already exist.