Sign in to follow this  
Scaramanga

Suitable pole to mount iboost & 4g antenna

I’m looking for a suitable aluminium pole that’s ideally telescopic and inexpensive so I can mount my iboost and 4g antennas to them. I intend to use suction clamps on the side of the caravan to hold the pole in position. I’ve looked at the tv masts but they seem a tad expensive for my needs so looking for a cheaper alternative. Anyone have any ideas what can be used?

If I can just update and  clarify. I may actually use a tv mast but I also need a suitable temporary mounting method to the side of the caravan. Some sort of suction mount would be ideal. I know some may suggest a bracket for the jockey wheel but this is a option I have ruled out

You have said iBoost so we must assume you already have it and therefore rule out any alternative. I use one, the  directional version, which only needs very approximate directional adjustment. This means that once you know by eye or experiment which way to point it, there will be no further adjustment required when it is on the mast. If the mast is secure (hard to steal - its fairly valuable) there will be no need to bring the iBoost antenna down when you leave site.

On this basis, all you need to do is make sure the TV mast is reliably fixed to avoid accidents. Then "any old pole" will do.

PS. I pop ours out onto the roof through the Heiki and leave it stuck to the solar panel, using the suction mount. Then chuck the lead over and down the side of the caravan, in through the window. It has always worked ok. No fuss or gadgets.

Edited by Ern

Why not use a telescopic fishing pole?

I see this has been duplicated  by a related thread with a different name.

27 minutes ago, Ern said:

I see this has been duplicated  by a related thread with a different name.

Well would you be so kind as to post the link as I’ve used the search function