Sign in to follow this  
Land

Campsite On Route To Madrid From Santander ferry

Hi All

I am looking for a site on route to Madrid about 1 hour or 30 to 40 miles from Santander Ferry Port.

We are thinking of the end of March beginning of April 2020 after we change the clocks.

We are looking at the Pont Aven or Cap Finistere 24 hour sailing getting into port at about 6.00pm if on time 

We have a Car /Caravan combination not to bothered about facilities just safe and not water logged.

Any ideas or recommendations welcomed.

Thankyou

Richard

Santander to Burgos is about 110 miles - say 2 hours 30 minutes driving time. - further than you asked for but ok as it will be daylight by the date you go.  

But ships don't always arrive on time or unload quickly, so with that in mind many people choose to stay for first night at sites such as Cabo Mayor or Virgen del Mar close to Santander itself- but neither of those two sites accepts dogs. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Land said:

We are looking at the Pont Aven or Cap Finistere 24 hour sailing getting into port at about 6.00pm if on time 

As others have said - don't count on a quick disembarkation on arrival.   The last time I travelled on the Cap Finistere, from the time the first vehicle drove down the ramp, I waited one hour before starting my engine, simply because I was parked behind the mezzanine deck.    I've done the Portsmouth to northern Spain crossing many times now, and the evening arrival crossings are the ones I avoid.   I much prefer the morning or lunch-time arrivals. 

Going from Santander towards Madrid, there's Camping Monte Royal at Aguilar de Campo which is 65 miles from the dock or  Camping El Astral, Tordesillas which is about 170 miles.   I stayed at El Astral just a couple of weeks ago.   See an account and also other sites HERE

• Thanks 1