Sign in to follow this  
Marqu15

Hello from John / cold from windows

Hello everyone, we have just purchased our caravan and had one night away, we should be deliriously happy as we have struggled to get to this point, were conned on our first van which had to be scrapped before we could use it after the servicing guys found so many faults, its taken a long time to recover from that,  the new (2006 Stirling) caravan is a decent quality van but we are disappointed because its uncomfortable, one of the main issues is the cold from the windows, when the heating is on your back is freezing and your face hot, are there any products we can use to insulate the windows? perhaps some cut out foam that can be put on when needed? any suggestions most appreciated thank you.

:welcome: to Caravan Talk Marq.

Try asking your question in Swift caravans. Click HERE

I would think you will get better coverage for your question. Just copy and paste the above over.

Good luck and welcome again :)

Excessive cold around the windows is usually  ineffective seals, may simply need adjustment or might need new seals.

:welcome: do  you need replacement window seals , see on you tube how to do them. Did you have a warantee when you bought the 'van, I would try asking the dealer to fix it.

Edited by joanie

Same issue in most homes at this time of year.  Close the blinds and curtains.  Stops the cold air dropping off the windows.  Change for thermal lined ones perhaps?

Window rubber seal problems will be obvious as wind through any gaps and, inevitably, water leaks too.

Circulating the air around from the fire will reduce the radiant heat effect a bit (turn the fan on Auto is usually best).  Open the heating vents.

I don't recall major cold issues with our Ace Award caravan of similar vintage - although it seems to take 24 hours for the whole caravan fabric to warm up overall whatever caravan we've had.

Welcome to CT and agree with Rodders . I had a ACE Statesman and don't recall any cold window issues . I'm usually half jaked to notice as I endeavour in copious supplies of "Bevie"....:D

GAS ...

Coldest part of our van is front offside. There`s 3 vents in the floor. Blows up the side  making you think the window is open