sureflow

Site idea for Kent/east sussex

I am starting to look to next years holiday already and after any help/recommends from the forum  . In particular Kent and east Sussex where I have never been.  We have a dog so need somewhere to walk her and prefer quiet smaller  sites .C.Ls are our usual stops.  Thats about it really . Any help gladly welcome. Thanks . Bill

Tanners Farm in Goudhurst is lovely site, not a C.L by any means but very picturesque.

I'll second Tanners Farm although it's been a few years since we were there. Some nice walks

If your looking for a CL then I would recommend Bow Bridge Marina, Wateringbury.  Next to the Medway and a Pub, Chinese takeaway and Fishing Tackle shop nearby. There is a train line close by but this a a quiet branch line. Good country walks to Teston Country Park. Close to  Maidstone if you fancy a visit.

Fairlight wood CMC site, peaceful lots of walking options + two local pubs and a lovely tea room.  

Weald view Pluckley CL site, lovely site with fabulous views, plenty of walks + pub just opposite the entrance. 

• Like 1

Still Acres in Marden near Maidstone or Broadhembrey in Ashford are both good sites, dog walks and local facilities. Both have adult only areas.

we also like Normanshurst in Battle

There is a nice CL in Deal called Solley's Farm which we have used. For a larger site we use Canterbury C&CC site.

Edited by GaryB1969

Bridge Farm at Appledore, does not have a shower block or electric but does have toilets and facility to charge batteries. Easy access to East Sussex and Rye or Kent area, also close to channel tunnel fr trip across the water if you fancy

Although not East Sussex, its Littlehampton, West Sussex.  Acorns is the name of the campsite.  Its absolutely the nicest little campsite ever.  Its set in a glade in the wood.  Although its just off the A27, you don't hear the traffic.  It is really worth the extra mile for this gem of a campsite.  Go onto UKCS, just to read the reviews.

http://www.acornscamping.co.uk/Acorns_Camping/Home.html

Thanks for all the knowledge and leads, lots to go with. Makes planning so much easy. More might come along but I have a good outline already, planning is the hardest part. Thanks again.

I’ll second Still Acres, lovely site.  I’d also add two more we use regularly albeit West Sussex, Concierge Camping, small but very exclusive and luxurious and Bow Hill Farm CL, high on the Sussex Downs near Goodwood. Bow Hill has public footpaths passing through it, Chichester harbour nearby too. 

There are three CMC sites in that area which are respectable.

Black Horse Farm near Hawkinge just north of Folkestone - very popular for ferries - with shop and pub just across the road.

What the CMC insist on called Battle Normanhurst Court which is the grounds of a long since demolished house. 

Daleacres at West Hythe and close to the coast.

Have a look at Bellfield Farm, Bonnington, Romney Marsh.  A CL in Kent not too far from the East Sussex border (Rye & Camber Sands).

Thanks again plenty of ideas to work at.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 04:12, Tuningdrew said:

I’ll second Still Acres, lovely site.  I’d also add two more we use regularly albeit West Sussex, Concierge Camping, small but very exclusive and luxurious and Bow Hill Farm CL, high on the Sussex Downs near Goodwood. Bow Hill has public footpaths passing through it, Chichester harbour nearby too. 

Just watch out for Concierge, very expensive

Concierge may be expensive, but it and the area is one of our favourites👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Babstreefern said:

Just watch out for Concierge, very expensive

It is expensive but you get what you pay for. One thing we won’t do ever is rough it. We will use CLs but they must have hard standings, water and electric hookups, a decent chem disposal and preferably a clean and warm sanitation block. 

We like the CMC Brighton site.

On 07/12/2019 at 16:05, V8Vmarkie said:

Fairlight wood CMC site, peaceful lots of walking options + two local pubs and a lovely tea room.  

Weald view Pluckley CL site, lovely site with fabulous views, plenty of walks + pub just opposite the entrance. 

Weald view is a great site, with a fantastic view. and if you walk down to the station there is the Dering Arms, very good food and is dog friendly.

also on the 2nd Sunday of each month the is a Classic car show at lunchtime.

dering arms cars.jpg

weald view.jpg

Edited by MGBGTV8
add info

2 hours ago, MGBGTV8 said:

Weald view is a great site, with a fantastic view. and if you walk down to the station there is the Dering Arms, very good food and is dog friendly.

also on the 2nd Sunday of each month the is a Classic car show at lunchtime.

dering arms cars.jpg

weald view.jpg

Thanks have plenty of great sites now to complete the booking, thank you.