Retired caravanners association

Hi Gary we joined 3 years ago but everytime we booked a rally they cancelled it the other thing we did not like was that if the rally was 7 days you could not just book for 3/4 days without paying full rally fee think it is a case of the only way you can find out is to join for a year and give it a try .we no longer belong to it but that was our choice .

Hope this helps 

Martin

Edited by guinness
added some more
  • Thanks 1

Two aspects there:

Association for people who have retired from work and taken up caravanning?

Association for people who have retired from caravanning?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

We belong to the RCA and enjoy their rallies which are several days or longer so suit us down to the ground.  Most rallies are on proper caravan sites with all facilities available, but you get a preferential rate.  Annual subs are £15 a year so well worth it.  Many rallies follow on from the previous rally so you could rally on different sites for 3 or more months.  Recommend that your parents join and try it our for a year.  We are now in our third year since joining.  :D

• Thanks 1

Lots of small clubs to suit all interests, when choosing before joining check if they have sufficient rallies within your travelling distance from home.

• Like 1

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

13 hours ago, Woodentop said:

Two aspects there:

I read that and thought of the second option, accompanied by images of people sat around in a pub recollecting memories and telling anecdotal tales of when they used to be caravaners :)

• Haha 1
  • I agree completely 1
14 hours ago, Woodentop said:

Two aspects there:

It should be Retirees' Caravanners Assoc?

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

2 hours ago, AndersG said:

How much are the rallie fees?

I think the most we have paid for 10 days away was about £125.  No need to participate or even say Hello to any one.   Every day you are free to do as you please.  Sometimes in the evening that will have a get together.  Never sat in a pub with RCA members reminiscing about days gone by.

• Thanks 1

Surprised Geoff (Stockbroker) hasn't answered to this, he's all over the RCA.

On a separate note several DA's in the North West have come up against what can only be described as bullying by CHESHIRE RETIRED CARAVANNERS. On 3 separate occasions last season very aggressive people from this association have turned up before the DA meets have finished, demanding that they be allowed on to site to mark out the field.

On one occasion on a rally field which we were occupying , and I was stewarding, a field of some 20 odd acres they turned up the day before our meet finished and demanded that they be allowed to mark their field out for their members for the following day. When I asked how many they were expecting they said "hopefully 9"

Sorry everyone, have been absent from site for a while, have just seen the obituary for Geoff (Shipbroker)

• Thanks 1

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

2 hours ago, lunarloopy said:

On a separate note several DA's in the North West have come up against what can only be described as bullying by CHESHIRE RETIRED CARAVANNERS. On 3 separate occasions last season very aggressive people from this association have turned up before the DA meets have finished, demanding that they be allowed on to site to mark out the field.

On one occasion on a rally field which we were occupying , and I was stewarding, a field of some 20 odd acres they turned up the day before our meet finished and demanded that they be allowed to mark their field out for their members for the following day. When I asked how many they were expecting they said "hopefully 9"

Sorry everyone, have been absent from site for a while, have just seen the obituary for Geoff (Shipbroker)

Geoff (Shipbroker-not Stockbroker) sadly passed away sometime in October, I believe.

Edited by DeeTee
added link and amended text
18 hours ago, lunarloopy said:

I questioned this with the RCA and this is the reply;

Hi thanks for this. This is sad to hear, but the Cheshire Retired Caravanners is a different club and nothing to do with the RCA but unfortunately people could mistake the post for our association. Perhaps you could counter the post with this information and perhaps at the same time invite people to join our friendly association.  It’s a shame we didn’t have the sites in question so we could confirm it wasn’t us.

I knew they weren't part of RCA, they are basically CMC CHESHIRE CENTRE retired folk who caravan during mid-week

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

56 minutes ago, lunarloopy said:

I knew they weren't part of RCA, they are basically CMC CHESHIRE CENTRE retired folk who caravan during mid-week

Thanks for clearing that up as your post seem to give the impression that it was a branch of the RCA.  :D