20 hours ago, KontikiKid said:

Hi

We used to think it was the bees knees but to be fair, we have found that you can sometimes get a cheaper rate just by asking and also, some sites don't let you have certain pitches, where as for maybe just one euro more, you can, for example, have a lake view.

There's also the FREE, yes FREE, Best Deal Camping Card to download

Russ

16 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

A link would be tres useful! 

Andy

Prompted by the posts above decided to look at Best Deals as the name rang a bell. I am signed up for emails from Camping navigator and it turns out it is connected to them.

I registered and have received my Best deals card to download, and I have looked at the website,

https://www.campingnavigator.com/en/ , which shows lots of sites in Europe.

What I cannot confirm is if all the sites shown are part of the best Deals offering but there are certainly sites that would appeal and some are at ACSI level rates, some below and some above.

I have also tried to download the app but cannot locate it on the Apple App store so if anyone has any more info that would be very useful.

I have my card and I have tried the apple App Store and Google play and can not locate an app in either.

I have also tried to download the various guides and all I get is a blank page !!! Very odd. 

Nothing like as slick or user friendly as ACSI  ! 

Andy

3 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

I have my card and I have tried the apple App Store and Google play and can not locate an app in either.

I have also tried to download the various guides and all I get is a blank page !!! Very odd. 

Nothing like as slick or user friendly as ACSI  ! 

Andy

Hi Andy, yes I also got a blank page when I tried to download any of the guides. 

I would usually get the ACSI guides and card but at the moment looking at only needing to find a site for 3 nights , hence the appeal of this Best Deal card as it may give me a bit more choice, so hardly worth it.........................but of course that will likely change and it will be back to ACSI!

On  my laptop I have absolutely no problem downloading the guides, which are in PDF format.   Edited in later (I had no problem a month ago, but this morning get a blank page!!  Sorry) 

11 hours ago, Allan Guest said:

Hi Andy, yes I also got a blank page when I tried to download any of the guides. 

I would usually get the ACSI guides and card but at the moment looking at only needing to find a site for 3 nights , hence the appeal of this Best Deal card as it may give me a bit more choice, so hardly worth it.........................but of course that will likely change and it will be back to ACSI!

Where do you need to find a site?  I can have a look at whether a particular site is a 'Best Deal' site if you like or what Best Deal sites are available in an area.

Edited by ValA
Correct information.

7 hours ago, ValA said:

On  my laptop I have absolutely no problem downloading the guides, which are in PDF format.   Edited in later (I had no problem a month ago, but this morning get a blank page!!  Sorry) 

Where do you need to find a site?  I can have a look at whether a particular site is a 'Best Deal' site if you like or what Best Deal sites are available in an area.

I just tied on my lappie and got a blank page THEN spotted your edit!! Bizarre isn’t it? 

Andy

On 15/01/2020 at 09:03, ValA said:

Hi Val, what I was trying to find was a list/map of Best Deal 'sites' as I am not sure that all t he sites on the Camping Navigator site are Best Deal sites??

Thanks

5 hours ago, Allan Guest said:

Hi Val, what I was trying to find was a list/map of Best Deal 'sites' as I am not sure that all t he sites on the Camping Navigator site are Best Deal sites??

Thanks

No, they're not - though many are - and in the guides which you should be able to download (eventually!!!)  the description includes what sort of a 'deal' applies to each site  Some 'Best Deal' sites even offer discounts during high season.  I think it's worth persisting for a few days, and also emailing Best Deal to let them know that the guides can't be downloaded.  They really form a good resource as they offer a lot of information about each site, so are worth downloading for areas you're interested in.  

On 16/01/2020 at 19:08, ValA said:

No, they're not - though many are - and in the guides which you should be able to download (eventually!!!)  the description includes what sort of a 'deal' applies to each site  Some 'Best Deal' sites even offer discounts during high season.  I think it's worth persisting for a few days, and also emailing Best Deal to let them know that the guides can't be downloaded.  They really form a good resource as they offer a lot of information about each site, so are worth downloading for areas you're interested in.  

Thanks Val. I did mail them just before my last post but no response as yet.

Perhaps a little more concerned at getting the right info after having ACSI card turned down twice last year with sites saying the dates of acceptance were not as stated in the guide.