Sign in to follow this  
Dobloseven

Average mileage?

Can't believe it, but we've had our Korando for almost 4 years and just under 47k miles. Took it for its second Mot yesterday and noticed it had done almost exactly 12000 miles in exactly 12 months.What is considered to be average annual mileage these days? Think it used to be 12k miles but is it now perhaps a bit less?Our other car does slightly less, perhaps 11k.

My wife racks up about 5k a year and I manage around 10k, which is a lot better than when we were at work, 20-25k for my wife and around 35k a year for me

My wife's Fiat 500C is two years old next month and has just clocked over to 2,500 miles. I do about 27,000 miles a year. I think in general folks drive further than they used to as the days of working round the corner at the local factory have long gone.

I do about 14 K, my wife under 5 K, just had her car serviced and MOT'd five year old Astra only done 21,247 miles

At the Peak before I retired I would do around 18000 miles a year since fully retired 2 years ago my average is now around 6000 miles. 

Me, around 14k per year, her around 4k per year; I'm semi retired my wife is a full time carer.  

Both our mileages have increased  since moving to a semi rural location, there is no shopping or any service within walking distance, everything requires a car. Even then local shopping is poor and better shopping is 12 to 15 miles away where previously it was all on the doorstep. Public transport is virtually none existent so use of a car is essential.  

Me 30k, madam 8k

love our 4 day weekends away, set and park up Friday don’t get in the car again till Monday 👍 unless of course wine or munchies run out😂

About 13-14,000 miles/year since retirement - over my working life it reduced from 50,000 in the early years to 20,000 just before retirement.

I read some time back that the average mileage was around 7K miles, which is around what we do in our one car family.

I'm saving the planet.  :)

12 minutes ago, xtrailman said:

I read some time back that the average mileage was around 7K miles, which is around what we do in our one car family.

Wow! I got made redundant in June and assumed my annual mileage would almost stop (27,000 a year previously). I bought my Volvo in June with just under 10,000 on the clock and it's just clicked over to 15,000. I am not working until January so have managed to click up 5,000 miles in five months without any commuting or business miles. I really thought it would be a lot less!

Around 5000 miles pa for me and 2500 pa for OH.

Only have 2 cars because of caravan, mine rarely comes out of the garage when not away in van, and she finds it too big for every day use. 

Had the Rexton 5 years and have done a mere 14,500 miles, (just had its 3rd MOT). It's mainly used for towing the caravan. This year I've only done 1,800 miles due to a heart attack and subsequent bypass surgery, hence several cancelled caravan trips. Wife does around 10,000 in her Mazda.

Edited by Townie

Our vehicle has done just under 55k and is 7 years old.  Although it should be on its 5th service according to mileage, it has had its 7th service as it is serviced annually by the dealership.  Our other P reg car a 1.3 Corolla has done nearly 120k, but we only service it every two or 3 years as it only does about 3k a year.  When we bought it in 2012 it only had about 98k on the clock and a full dealership service history.  It is mainly used for short trips.

About 23k in my car and 7k in OH car, which is the tow car.  Ironically she uses my car more than I do and her commute is 70 miles per day.  This has nothing to do with the tow car being too big for her to use and everything to do with the relative fuel efficiency of both vehicles.  

About 20k a year for me.  

But for my wife our 2012 Octavia is on 27k.

I have averaged 16,000 miles a year since I bought my car in January 2016. Slightly over half of that is towing the caravan which was towed twice to southern Spain this year.

It's going to be a long and dull thread if every member just tells us his mileage! ;)

Liven it up a bit then with something controversial:rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, matelodave said:

All those doing low miles and driving diesels have bought the wrong car. :P

• Like 1

Not if you want to comfortably tug a caravan around;) 

Our petrol car does the short journeys and low mileages, the diesel is for the long runs and pulling the van

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, matelodave said:

Our petrol car does the short journeys and low mileages, the diesel is for the long runs and pulling the van

No you could have had the 2.0 Ecoboost with more power, a wider spread of torque and a proper torque converter auto.

(Is that controversial enough) :) 

35 minutes ago, matelodave said:

15 minutes ago, logiclee said:

All those doing low miles and driving diesels have bought the wrong car. :P

7 minutes ago, matelodave said:

Now there's a controversial statement if ever there was one :D

• Haha 1

I was always told that average mileage is 12,000 per annum.  Apparently, insurance companies now deem it 10,000 miles