Geoff Hudson

Shower room cracks

We have a 2015 Vision 380/2. The area around the tap on the hand basin has badly cracked as has the corner of the vanity unit where the bottom of the mirror is attached. I emailed Coachman but got no reply, so rang them. I was accused of causing the damage by mistreatment or using unapproved cleaning materials, which was not the case. I think the plastic these units are made from is too thin and/or becomes brittle quickly.

We also had the on board battery charger fail during a month long trip to France. The battery would not charge even when hooked up, so lights and fridge would not work. We had to buy table lamps that we could plug in also an electric cool box.

Very disappointed with what I thought was a quality brand.

Poor you-have you had the caravan from new? If so their cleaner point is irrelevant, but if someone else had it you really have no idea what they used and they could in theory be right I suppose-doesn't help you though. Let's hope the caravan settles down and nothing else happens BUT in caravans are quite fragile things-everything has a weight/price compromise and gets a good shaking each time you go out-amazes me how the things stay together!

Not sure why you contacted Coachman as the issue should be raised with the dealership that sold the caravan however after 4 years ownership I doubt if you are going to have much luck.

57 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Not sure why you contacted Coachman as the issue should be raised with the dealership that sold the caravan however after 4 years ownership I doubt if you are going to have much luck.

Unless you have a case under the CRA (and for that, after 4years it would be up to you to prove that the fault had been inherent when you bought the van), the dealer is not really important unless, like Swift Group, the manufacturer chooses to work through the dealer.

• Confused 1