Hello, returned to carvanning after 25 years this year

Had to change my car to better support my towing

Can anyone tell me if there is a website for selling caravan accessories privately?

I have an almost new towbar for a 2 year old X-Trail that I want to sell

Or eBay of course. I never put anything on for auction. I decide the (reasonable) price I want and list it at that. Never yet failed to sell.

Andy

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

6 minutes ago, WispMan said:

Or even CT's For Sale Section HERE (except BOAC beat me to it!)

Indeed, but not every person looking for a towbar wants to tow a caravan do they? Boats come on trailers, then there are horse boxes, car or motorbike trailers, garden rubbish trailers, etc etc. And THEY are going to look on places such as Gumtree/eBay and the like.

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Also Facebook can have items for sale.

I got the correct matching scatter cushions from the Bailey FB group selling section.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

My first port of call for the past nigh on 20 years has been eBay.

I always decide on what the minimum price I am prepared to sell at will be, put that as the start price for auction then sit back and let battle commence.

Just sold two caravan related items, one went for just over 1/3 more  (£110) than my start price and the other went for double.

Worked out well in that I thought the first item would be taken to the tip and the second put on the verge for the scrappy.

Biggest pain in the bum for me is packing stuff up where the buyers choose not to collect.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

1 minute ago, Griff said:

Biggest pain in the bum for me is packing stuff up where the buyers choose not to collect.

I always make payment to be PayPal before giving them my address if they are collecting.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

1 hour ago, David 38 said:

Also Facebook can have items for sale.

I got the correct matching scatter cushions from the Bailey FB group selling section.

Only recently found out about FB selling.

Recently joined three selling groups but not advertised anything on them yet.

Still get a bit of a buzz though watching my eBay auction price movement during the last 10 seconds or so.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front - Discovery 4. Wheels at the back - Bessacarr 845.

A while back the daughter wanted to buy a caravan and some accessories and asked us to help.  She had selected caravans seen for sale on FB and we went to see these caravans in "good condition" armed with a damp meter.  We then realised why they were being offered on FB and not eBay.

Out of six only one had no obvious damp, but it had never been serviced and doors were hanging off hinges and the chassis looked suspect.  One of the caravans we were assured had no damp so we did a 90 mile round trip.  On checking inside the bathroom the wall was so soft that the probes went right in and the head of the damp meter left an imprint.  Various other places indicated high damp.  Owner was a bit peeved when I told him it had severe damp.

I think that with eBay you may have some recourse, but not with Facebook.

3 hours ago, Durbanite said:

I think that with eBay you may have some recourse, but not with Facebook.

Yes you have protection with Ebay if you paid via PayPal, pay cash and your in same boat as FB, Gumtree etc. buyer beware.

When it comes to caravan purchase and the like always best to have an expert examine before paying.

Regards, David