Pursuit 400-2 Awning Query

Hi, I’m about to become an owner of a 2018 Bailey Pursuit 400-2 (my first caravan). Having looked at specs it has a rail awning size of 843cm but looking online for potential awnings they all only quote the horizontal top length. I like the look of a Vango awning that you can add side pods onto. It’s a 280 (so width of 280cm).  Will this fit on my van or do I need to look smaller? Sorry if it’s a stupid question but as I say this is all new (& exciting)! Thanks :)

• Like 2

Are you getting confused with the full awning size, 843, and looking at porch awnings?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

Annoyingly manufacturers don’t quote the straight rail length, so the only way to be sure is to go and measure it.  However the other important thing to take into account is the position of the windows and any external locker doors that you don’t want the awning walls to cross. So get back to the dealers and take a tape measure and drawing paper.

when you are choosing your awning, look carefully at the specs.  Vango are good at detailing the length of the Kador, ( that’s the bit that goes through the awning channel) and the position of the walls as there is often overhang of Kador.

nanamel

On our Pursuit 400-2 we use a Kampa Air Pro 200 it fits loverly, one side comes down at side of window the other beyond the door just before the curve down. 

The next size up the 260 would have come down over the window, there is also a 300 I never considered that.

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

23 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Are you getting confused with the full awning size, 843, and looking at porch awnings?

Not confused as such, just wanting the top rail length as yes it’s a porch awning I’m looking at.

thanks all for the advise 🙂

Your 843 cm size is ONLY for a full awning so as mentioned above you need to know the length of the straight part of your new caravans awning rail before you buy a porch awning.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 4 weeks later...

Just a follow up and a thanks for the advice. I managed to pick up a Vango Sonoma II 250cm, annex, porch door, mesh screen and breathable carpets for a big discount. We had a play in the garden and it’s wide enough to maximise space without going across the window of the van. Weather permitting it’s going to be used in anger over Christmas as we’ve decide cooking Christmas dinner in the caravan on a cliff top is a great idea! LOL

Just a quick side query - does sliding an awning onto the rail get easier? It was as hard work as putting a tent up but I needed a step!

Thanks again for the help. Merry Christmas To You 😃

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Samstan said:

Just a follow up and a thanks for the advice. I managed to pick up a Vango Sonoma II 250cm, annex, porch door, mesh screen and breathable carpets for a big discount. We had a play in the garden and it’s wide enough to maximise space without going across the window of the van. Weather permitting it’s going to be used in anger over Christmas as we’ve decide cooking Christmas dinner in the caravan on a cliff top is a great idea! LOL

Just a quick side query - does sliding an awning onto the rail get easier? It was as hard work as putting a tent up but I needed a step!

Thanks again for the help. Merry Christmas To You 😃

You need to lubricate the awning rail with furniture polish or silicone spray! 
Slides in dead easy then!

• Thanks 1

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

You can buy a long hook for pulling awnings along the rail, there are also cord pulling devices also.

Edited by David 38
  • Thanks 1

Regards, David

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all! I picked up some silicone spray and sprayed the rail. Just pitched up and the awning slid on in seconds rather than us fighting it for 10mins! (We used the material ties that were in tied around the awning as pulls). All I need now is the weather to stop testing how waterproof the awning is 😂 

Edited by Samstan
  • Like 1