Fortyfoot

Edited by Fortyfoot
Update

Good offer, but where is it Fortyfoot?

John

15 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

John

You need to go to Specsavers - look at the logo on the pump - it is supermarket chain that begins with M and ends in S!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • I do not understand 1

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium SE 2015 with Lunar Clubman si 2011

Tattoos - who would want to make their body look like the wall in a public urinal - they are going to look amazing on a 75 year old - not!

Sainsburys had a similar offer on a couple of weeks back, 10p/£60.

Cruised in on reserve and saved near on £7.

Stay safe, Griff. :ph34r:

We hardly ever spend £60 or more at Morrisons, Tesco or Sainsburys on a weekly shop.  We do our main shopping at Lidl, followed up by Poundstretcher for the odd item and then Morrisons.  We are lucky that they are all in close proximity to one another.  Bonus is that the Esso service station is opposite LIDL.

• I agree completely 1

we don't spend that on a regular shop but when that offer is on we just buy whatever toilet rolls or cleaning stuff is on offer to make the £60, it's not hard to do.  The Esso diesel here is normally a lot dearer than supermarkets, but I suppose that if you have to drive the extra miles to go to a supermarket then it's a case of swings and roundabouts. 

• I agree completely 1

3 minutes ago, joanie said:

we don't spend that on a regular shop but when that offer is on we just buy whatever toilet rolls or cleaning stuff is on offer to make the £60, it's not hard to do.  The Esso diesel here is normally a lot dearer than supermarkets, but I suppose that if you have to drive the extra miles to go to a supermarket then it's a case of swings and roundabouts. 

The 10p off is just another way of getting you to spend extra to make up the £60.  We have the CMC Esso card so the cost of fuel is always low all year round and not just when a supermarket offer the 10p off.  On more than one occasion we have given the 10p voucher to the person behind us.  This has been when we used to do a big shop or when you only had to spend £40 or maybe £50.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The road toad said:

You need to go to Specsavers - look at the logo on the pump - it is supermarket chain that begins with M and ends in S!

Oh yes, of course, blindingly obvious - the tiny logo of a shop I never use on a pic 2” x 1” on my old mobile - not!

John

PS, I actually wouldn’t use Specsavers if they paid me, after the service myself and swmbo received there!

Edited by Johnaldo
  • Like 2
  • I agree completely 1

1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

We hardly ever spend £60 or more at Morrisons, Tesco or Sainsburys on a weekly shop.  We do our main shopping at Lidl, followed up by Poundstretcher for the odd item and then Morrisons.  We are lucky that they are all in close proximity to one another.  Bonus is that the Esso service station is opposite LIDL.

Hi Durbanite,

I smiled at this as it reminded me of my dear departed Mum who drove my sister mad with her shopping preferences and insisted on visiting Asda, Lidl and Aldi for different items.

It was not too inconvenient where she lived, in Bolton, but where I live it would be a nightmare as the availability is somewhat more sparse-my nearest supermarket that has parking, and a filling station, is 18 miles away and as the next nearest similar supermarket is around 20 miles however, the nearest supermarket of choice is 30 miles and our most frequently used is 45 miles.

As you may expect we make a day of it and combine with other activities to make it cost effective.

I don't think that Just because a certain member of this forum doesn't use Morrisions.   Make's the information of no use to anyone else.   

I've know Mozzers to put their fuel up by 5p just prior to when they run these type offers

• I agree completely 1

Olympus II 620-6 & Mitsubishi Shogun

Follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

24 minutes ago, SteveMilner said:

I've know Mozzers to put their fuel up by 5p just prior to when they run these type offers

They're never the cheapest round my way anyway - Asda and Sainsbury's are a penny cheaper - I did though get a Morrisons 5p off coupon last time we were on holiday and managed to get virtually a full tank with 5p off, an advantage of a 100 litre tank!

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

I’ve given away 2 such vouchers in the last month...because my tank is full and I am not going anywhere at the moment. Just picked another up at Tesco this morning! So do I go somewhere to burn off fuel, so I have room to fill up?? N0.

Its a shame the vouchers have such a small period of use....just dont do enough mileage these days on a regular basis to make it of value.

Mrs M spent over £100 the day before the offer started, whilst she was in store I filled my Limo up with about £70 worth of Diesel, that's our luck, I get excited when I get one number on the Lottery, sad isn't it !!

• Haha 2

Les

On 21/11/2019 at 09:04, Johnaldo said:

John

Sorry, I know the logo, I did not notice that the name was missing John.

fuel1.jpg

• Like 1

I drive on 10p off fuel all the time. When the offer is on I buy the maximum amount allowed which is 100ltrs.

This is of course Diesel, and at 50+ mpg the 100ltrs does me until next offer.

Occasionally, I fill the petrol car brim full and put the balance (diesel) into drums.

Works for me.

7 hours ago, blondchaser said:

I fill the petrol car brim full and put the balance (diesel) into drums.

Did not realise one could change choice of fuel mid stream and what size are the drums for the diesel?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

46 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Did not realise one could change choice of fuel mid stream and what size are the drums for the diesel?

Legal maximum of 1x 10 litre steel and 2x 5 litre plastic.

Morrisons have this offer if you spend over £60.00

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

Legal maximum of 1x 10 litre steel and 2x 5 litre plastic.

For petrol that is true.

However for diesel its not true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, David 38 said:

Use the same pump but different nozzle----cost is worked out per pump.

1 hour ago, Idleness said:

For petrol that is true.

However for diesel its not true.

Every day is a school day - thanks.

Not going to faff about with cans for a quid.

I thought the Tesco voucher specified one fuel per filling?

• Like 1

We do not do a weekly shop so never spend £60 at one go. It is a ruse to get you to spend plenty though as having had to deal with supermarkets I do know that big shops mean more profits as they can get more through the checkouts in the same time. Small shops means lots of stops while customers pay and it all adds up.

Hardly a ruse as most people do weekly or monthly shops, paying way more than £60 from what I see of people in front of me - we only shop weekly but can stock up on non-perishable items if there's an offer on.

Morrison's previous 10p/litre off gave us a voucher which expired the day after we returned from a caravan holiday, so convenient to get a full tank at reduced price - this latest offer comes at a time when I have a full tank of fuel and not going very far so can't use it.

We don't ever buy things just to get the offer, but when it works in our favour then great!

• I agree completely 1