LAIKA

Tour of Denmark. Better clockwise or counterclockwise?

In the Italian forum there is a discussion that interests me. More or less the opinions are the same. Do you think it is better to go around Denmark clockwise or counterclockwise?

Clockwise.

Simply because there is likely to be more right hand turns which are slightly less problematic than left hand turns.

😏

John

More to see on the East coat of mainland Denmark so I guess you cross the North Sea to the Netherlands nowadays Harwich-Hook, (don't think ferries operate to  Esjberg any more) north to wards the  mainland &  to the Northern tip and back down to take the bridges to Copenahagen. Good public service into the city centre. Then I'd  be inclined to cross via Rodby to Puttgarten  in northern Germany and back to  UK via Hook or Dunkirk-Dover. How you get across to mainland Europe and back depends where you live in the UK. Try Aferry  website for the crossing from Denmark to  Germany. I think you can turn up too rather than prebook?

So I guess clockwise!!

Edited by SNJJNS
Missed the clockwise tag

On 11/21/2019 at 12:37 AM, SNJJNS said:

More to see on the East coat of mainland Denmark so I guess you cross the North Sea to the Netherlands nowadays Harwich-Hook, (don't think ferries operate to  Esjberg any more) north to wards the  mainland &  to the Northern tip and back down to take the bridges to Copenahagen. Good public service into the city centre. Then I'd  be inclined to cross via Rodby to Puttgarten  in northern Germany and back to  UK via Hook or Dunkirk-Dover. How you get across to mainland Europe and back depends where you live in the UK. Try Aferry  website for the crossing from Denmark to  Germany. I think you can turn up too rather than prebook?

So I guess clockwise!!

Thanks for the answer.

Our trip from Italy is easier. The discussion is whether to move from Tonder-Ribe to Robdy-Puttgarden or vice versa

Rodby - Puttgarden is very expensive with a caravan and does not save that much time compared to just driving around. The ferry charges extra for every 2meters above 6 meters in total length. Very little traffic once your past the newer ending roadworks outside Hamburg on the road towards Flensburg.