Sign in to follow this  
Duffy

Ford Kuga titanium edition 180ps 2.0 L 2019

Hi 

Further to my previous topic regarding wheels and tyres for a Ford Kuga ST-line X 180ps and its suitability for towing iam very great full for all the replies.

Reading the replies I am looking at a Ford Kuga Titanium Edition again 180ps 2.0L manual diesel, the wheels are 18inch and the tyres are 235/50 without the sport suspension as on the ST-Line X.

Does anyone have first hand towing a caravan with this model kuga with these size wheels and tyres. Any replies greatly appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards

Duffy

I would also like to hear from anyone who tows with a 180ps Kuga.

Looking at the spec it would tow our 1800kg caravan although the "kerbweight" is slightly less than our CRV, the engine is more powerful.

Any thoughts?

Hi 

Reply to your towing with the Ford Kuga 180ps, 400Nm torque my concern is what size wheels and tyres are the most suitable for towing I put a topic on here for any thoughts on towing with 18inch 235/50 and 19inch wheels 235/45.

The replies I got were very helpful I am looking to buy either a Ford Kuga 180 ST -line X 180ps  which has 19inch wheels 235/45 and a sports suspension which some people have said can be a hard ride on those wheels and suspension or a Titanium edition 180ps which has 18inch wheels 235/50 with just normal suspension giving a softer ride. Iam still debating which way to go.

As for towing with power 180ps and 400Nm torque would tow adequately a range of caravans.

Duffy

4 hours ago, bubble2015 said:

I would also like to hear from anyone who tows with a 180ps Kuga.

Looking at the spec it would tow our 1800kg caravan although the "kerbweight" is slightly less than our CRV, the engine is more powerful.

Any thoughts?

Dunno about a Kuga but the kerbweight on my S-max is a pretty decent 1750kg and I'd be a bit wary about towing an 1800kg van at 103%. I've happily towed at 95% when I had a C-Max, however i'ts obviously up to you if you feel comfortable towing at over 100%. Regarding the power/torque, there's more than enough.

My old S-Max would tow 1650kg with 140ps and about 320nm without any trouble (actually so did the C-Max with the same engine).

Thanks matelodave,

I find the 75 - 100% thing a fascinating subject. To me it all seems to be based on "not very much".

We've towed 1,000s of miles with our CRV "kerbweight"1775kg, towing our caravan with MTPLM 1800kg (and it does weigh around 1800kg from various weighbridges).

We put the caravan spare wheel in the car - so the car is now 1792kg and the caravan 1783kg - so now we are less than the dreaded 100%. 

Hey Ho, thread drift.

Who tows with a Ford Kuga?

16 hours ago, bubble2015 said:

Who tows with a Ford Kuga?

Me... Brilliant tow car...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tow with a 2017 Kuga Titanium X (180) AWD with manual box and 235/50  18" tyres. Bought in May and towed about 3000 miles. Caravan is 1550kg Swift. It tows very well and there have been no issues with power or handling of the caravan. Not noticed any issue at all with the wheel size or tyres. I tend to leave them inflated to higher load setting as we are away most weeks. 

• Thanks 1

I tow with a 2017 Kuga STLine - X (180) AWD 19" Wheels . Tow a 1550kg Coachman. Great car to drive with or without caravan. Handles very nicely solo, low profile tyres and sports suspension make ride sporty. Tows caravan with ease, very stable and never feels a difficult drive. Very happy all in all. Only criticism would be the boot size with all seats up, I have had bigger.

Edited by rinkrat
  • Thanks 1