Franno8383

Laundry Airers

Would love to hear your views on laundry airers or your ideas for airing/drying -particularly for towels. Thanks peeps. :D

Caravan or home?

19 minutes ago, Franno8383 said:

Would love to hear your views on laundry airers or your ideas for airing/drying -particularly for towels. Thanks peeps. :D

I've fitted a heated rail in the end bathroom.

P1050615.JPG.61da7f1933e9e1e69dacaf80ffc012e1.JPG

It only consumes somewhere in the region of 60w.

• Thanks 1

For the caravan towels I made a couple of large coat hangers so they can be hung from cupboard handles. Made from string, a hook and a length of plastic cable ducting/pipe the width of a towel through which the string is threaded and then tied with a hook. The towel then drapes over the pipe.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, for caravan. Coachman VIP 565.

Please, please, please don’t get one of those awful whirly-gig things !

John

• +1 1

It's usually just Mr. D, our ten year old youngest daughter and myself in the caravan.  Daughter and I use lightweight robes plus standard i.e. not microfibre bath towels after our showers in the van, Mr. D just has a bath towel.

We have the cheaper Avante so no heated towel rail.  It did come with two hooks on the inside of the two way toilet/bathroom door. In addition to these I have fixed a load more heavy duty chrome hooks, in the bathroom area and all over the van, including in daughter's bedroom. I used silicone as the adhesive didn't work in the steam. Our bath towels hang on these to dry - Mr. D's towel is hung from a clip type belt hanger so it's spread out. Daughter's and my towels don't get so wet so are just flung over the hooks, while our robes hang on lightweight coat hangers on hooks, mine in the bathroom, daughter's in her bedroom. 

Obviously we also have a hand towel on a lower hook, by the sink in the toilet room. In addition, I've siliconed a lightweight plastic rail on the side of the shower cubicle to hang our bathmat up after showering.

The kitchen hand towel and oven gloves go on a rail that sits over a cupboard door, while the teatowel is on a hook on the wall to the side of the cooker.

We have been away in freezing temperatures, and so far, with the heating on (obviously!) all the towels have fully dried between showers. 

Edited by Susan D
  • Thanks 1

Don't worry Jonaldo hate those with a passion. Anyway they just blow away!!

2 hours ago, Franno8383 said:

Don't worry Jonaldo hate those with a passion.

Phew !

😁

• +1 1

Towels are the biggest issue. We use microfibre and they dry so quickly they are never a problem. They weigh very little and are very compact. Clothes (mostly fast drying stuff),  and smalls in the shower compartment in a little round thing. 

No need for an ugly great hirdy girdy spoiling the place.

• Thanks 1

I don't care for seeing all those whirly -gig dryers, I still have the old fashioned one that hangs out of the window, though I don't use it that often.  Quite a few sites have launderettes  on site. 

We had something similar to this thread back along and the advice was  , after you shower, wipe yourself down with a flannel, before using your towel. That way you only have a flannel to dry and you can take a few of those with you. Hooks to hang the towels on and on a dry day put them to air on the back of the chairs out side .

On 17/11/2019 at 11:29, Franno8383 said:

Would love to hear your views on drying -particularly for towels. Thanks peeps. :D

My tip for towels is not to use them - initially.

First dry yourself with a flannel wringing it out as you go to remove the majority of water, then use the towel. The towel will only get slightly damp and therefore easier to dry.

I put a small extending rail in the shower cubicle, over which I can throw one bath towel, unfolded - the other I throw over the shower cubicle door, which I usually leave open for any heat to circulate.

Buy Microfibre towels, they dry in no time at all, so no need of airers