logiesean64

2015 Honda crv sat nav

Has anyone had success on updating the sat nav ,I believe it's a Garmin variant.  

Sean 

I've updated the 2017 CRV Sat Nav, not sure if it's the same?

If it is you'll need to download Garmin Express from the Garmin website onto a PC/Laptop. You then need a USB stick which needs to be formatted in the CRV before plugging into the PC so Garmin Express knows your car settings.

I've done a lot of searching to find the update to our 2014 CRV and I'm fairly sure I found the answer.  I just havent psyched myself up to spend the 199€.

Ours may be different to yours but try calling Europe BV, +31 40 744 12 42  (Holland)with all the info from your existing satnav.

Please post if you have any luck!

• +1 1

48 minutes ago, Chappers said:

I've updated the 2017 CRV Sat Nav, not sure if it's the same?

If it is you'll need to download Garmin Express from the Garmin website onto a PC/Laptop. You then need a USB stick which needs to be formatted in the CRV before plugging into the PC so Garmin Express knows your car settings.

Thanks Chappers, where do you plug in the memory stick, just been out to have a look can't find any obvious place to plug it in. 

Sean 

DOn't know about the CR-V, but on my civic, the USB socket is under the central arm rest.

+1

My mother had a Civic and the satnav  in that was appalling. So complicated and required around six more steps to to what I do with my TomTom Go on my iPhone in one step. 
Have never found a built-in satnav that I could get on with. 
While on the subject, why don’t TomTom offer a simple upgrade to a Caravan/Campervan version for existing user’s devices? After all it is just software - I think they are missing a marketing opportunity. 

Have Crv 2015 Usb plugs in inside centre armrest box, you get I think 5 years updates included, as previous poster said need to format usb to sat nav in car, download Garmin express and update via pc. Then put usb back in sat nav to update this can take some time and think it has to have engine running can do while driving, but cant use as same time or interrupt it once started. Make sure you use a blank usb as it has to be formatted to car, think book tells you min capacity, cant remember off top of my head. It is easy enough when you done once. 

As said you need to plug a stick in the car and get the date of install and authorization info from the head unit but you might find the head unit will need the latest update to the software before you can update the Garmin software then . I know I had for my Kenwood .

Garmin usually release new maps about April

Dave