Sign in to follow this  
Pau1968

Coachman Pastiche TV bracket install

Hi guys, after some helpful tips from you guys on where to find a bracket suitable for our little van I would love some input into where I could fit it.

Our van is more or less the same as the pic, but with the post I have ringed on the opposite side of the bench.. making it ideal for the bracket.. as it will face into the seating area.

im guessing the ‘post’ is conduit for internal cabling, which will be my first concern, but I’m also worried about weight bearing, my thoughts are to drill carefully through, maybe not going right through, but then finish the holes with a bradawl or something similar.. maybe even use a tester for cables maybe.. 

for fittings, I was thinking the ‘butterfly’ type where the plug goes right through, then when u tighten the bolt, it collapses the plug in the cavity.. I’m hoping that way will give it the sturdiness needed.. 

any thoughts ?

72268989-5497-4738-9F7D-C73C0E909407.jpeg

May be ring Coachman-some vans have reinforced areas specially for the TV bracket-and eg Bailey pegasus a special tv bracket too. ?

Theres plenty of worktop there, so just curious as to why you need a bracket?

If you are going to fit a bracket there, you will need one with a folding arm, and you will also need to be careful because the flue for the fire will be inside that boxing.

Edited by hp100425ev

Thanks for the feedback guys, 

Jazzerb - we we wanted a bracket to keep it of the bench , allowing us to fold it away when not in use and leave the bench free.

hp100425ev - thx for that, I will definitely not be drilling into that then..

might ring coachman and and see if they can assist before having at it with a power drill 

thx guys

I think I would prefer to hang it from the underside of the shelf above it.

Pau - I have a Coachman but haven't had a Pastiche so can't advise specifically.

I agree with the thoughts so far - especially the flue.  The boxing the other side will have the wiring for the sockets etc.

I also prefer to keep surfaces clear so I understand your reasoning.

One extra thought before you start drilling.    Unless you've done so already, try the TV in that location and use the microwave - it is not unknown for the  microwave to cause interference.  I've experienced this in a Stirling and in my last but one Coachman.   (and there were TV points in that location :()

Hi

I have a TV bracket which swivels. I our current caravan it is mounted on the edge of the bulkhead where the sockets are mounted. This means the sockets can be use with a minimum of effort. The TV is not on the bracket when we are traveling. The TV is a 22" wide screen.

If you remove one of the sockets to see how thick the wood veneer is also the thickness of the bulkhead, it can be mounted there. It is sound and secure, held in place by double start SS screws.

See attached images of bracket, this shows it mounted in and older caravan we owned!

Hope this helps.

TV.jpg

TV1.jpg

1 hour ago, CJ1149 said:

Pau - I have a Coachman but haven't had a Pastiche so can't advise specifically.

I agree with the thoughts so far - especially the flue.  The boxing the other side will have the wiring for the sockets etc.

I also prefer to keep surfaces clear so I understand your reasoning.

One extra thought before you start drilling.    Unless you've done so already, try the TV in that location and use the microwave - it is not unknown for the  microwave to cause interference.  I've experienced this in a Stirling and in my last but one Coachman.   (and there were TV points in that location :()

As you can see from my images. The TV stn is located in the cupboard above the microwave and the leads for the TV pass through a hole in the side of the cupbard. No issues with that Microwave! (Elddis Afinity 530)

• Like 1

All great and helpful comments, thx guys, will definitely have a think about it and contact coachman and see if they can offer any advice. 

I will I’ll definitely do this before drilling anything now.

• Like 1

Re fixings.

If possible, drill right through and use a spreader plate on the other side of the wall and then use nuts and bolts so that the wood is clamped between TV bracket and the spreader plate..

That will be much stronger than just screwing into what will be rather flimsy wood.

As has already been mentioned, take the TV off the wall when travelling.

On 13/11/2019 at 17:47, daveat92 said:

Re fixings.

If possible, drill right through and use a spreader plate on the other side of the wall and then use nuts and bolts so that the wood is clamped between TV bracket and the spreader plate..

That will be much stronger than just screwing into what will be rather flimsy wood.

As has already been mentioned, take the TV off the wall when travelling.

Hi, when you say spreader plate I think we are talking about the same things..

in in my mind they are wall plugs that are threaded, and a bolt turns into the plug.. the plug collapses into a cross behind the wood. I would not imagine wood screws would provide a strong enough fitting.

Edited by Pau1968