Sign in to follow this  
Bavnelly

York Beechwood Grange

We are heading to Beechwood Grange for our first 'proper' stay with our Unicorn Valencia on Sunday.  Does anyone know if they allocate you a pitch or if you choose one on arrival?  Many thanks.

3 minutes ago, Bavnelly said:

We are heading to Beechwood Grange for our first 'proper' stay with our Unicorn Valencia on Sunday.  Does anyone know if they allocate you a pitch or if you choose one on arrival?  Many thanks.

It should be standard CMC site rules - pick your own pitch on arrival of the type you have booked.

You choose your own, then go back and tell them which pitch you have chosen.

Be careful about lane selection on the last roundabout if approaching from the East!

Good park and ride not far away.

Fortyfoot

Edited by Fortyfoot
spelling

That's great.  Thank you :)

Lets hope the river has not burst its banks

6 minutes ago, kiaboy said:

That’s Rowntree Park York!

7 minutes ago, kiaboy said:

What river is that? I did know there was a river there

beat me to Steve

Edited by oldboy
  • Haha 1

I was panicking there because the York site we have booked for is not near a river.  I know the weather is bad up here but hopefully it won't spread that far.....:D

Last time we were at Beechwood Grange there had been some heavy rains around the country, with more forecast,  and the Club cancelled our next 'tour' booking for Ferry Meadows with very short notice.  So we stayed a couple of extra nights before a very long drive back to easternmost England.

Beechwood had a number of part / fully waterlogged pitches and roadways making it difficult to get to and from the toilet blocks without wellies on.  Hopefully they've improved the drainage there in the last 5 years.

So, it may be worth calling the site to confirm all is well.

Not bad up here, River Ouse at York is quite low. The bad rain was Sheffield area, the Ouse catchment area was not affected.

https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/station/8208

https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/station/8067

Fortyfoot

They are planning to do some new landscaping there I think the bulge in the centre of the field was going and they applied for 20 more service pitches to go in on the playing field .

Dave

You get a good discount on the entry price to the Yorvic with the club membership card. Entry ticket can be used again for up to 12 months.

Fortyfoot 

Thanks everyone for helpful replies :D

The comment about the last roundabout to the site is appropriate, it is a minor road off the roundabout. The caravan site sign is tiny so easy to miss and if not careful you could end up on the A64 to Scarborough with not many places to turn round. Google street view just shows a CMC sign on the verge, probably the council will not allow a proper sign on a post so they have to make do with the type you would see on the pavement outside a shop. If you miss the correct turn off keep going round the roundabout for a second attempt. Even without the caravan, we have got it wrong.  https://www.google.com/maps/@53.9899608,-1.0270535,3a,79.3y,23.59h,76.43t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sEFJLmB_idGYLipVVixWwzQ!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo0.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3DEFJLmB_idGYLipVVixWwzQ%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D338.92215%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by Paul1957
  • +1 1

1 hour ago, CommanderDave said:

They are planning to do some new landscaping there I think the bulge in the centre of the field was going and they applied for 20 more service pitches to go in on the playing field .

Dave

We were there last month, the site has been updated with new service roads and hardstandings.

There are also new footpaths across the site to the shower block.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, oldboy said:

What river is that? I did know there was a river there

beat me to Steve

Ouse

1 hour ago, Grandpa Steve said:

That’s Rowntree Park York!

Whoops sorry, senior moment 😏🤦‍♂️

41 minutes ago, Woodentop said:

Ouse

Nowhere near Beechwood grange though.