slavedriver

Sandringham at Christmas

Which site is the prefered one for Christmas and New Year. Camping and Caravan club site or the Caravan and Motorhome site. Are there any activities on at either of them

Edited by slavedriver

Just come back from the CMC site at Sandringham. Perfectly nice site with virtually all hardstandings. No idea if they do anything for Christmas beyond perhaps sherry and mince pies!!! I would have thought the CMC Seacroft site would have been a better bet as they have a restaurant/bar.

David

If you’re at sandringham for Christmas Liz invites you round for mince pies and a little tot. Haha 

Just don’t let her other half drive you back!

Cheers

Keith

• Haha 2

We stayed on the CMC site, last year when the 'Beast from the East' visited.  It was magical in the snow. We had a look at the C&CC site and it looked drab by comparison - lot of overhanging trees and hardly anyone there whereas the CMC site was quite busy - with large pitches (for a Club site).  We are booked into the CMC site for this Christmas.

Edited by richardandros

Thanks for your comment richardandros. We have booked into the CMC this year. It looks the best option

On 11/11/2019 at 17:58, slavedriver said:

Thanks for your comment richardandros. We have booked into the CMC this year. It looks the best option

Look forward to seeing you!  We should be easy to spot - doubt that there will be that many Knaus Starclass's on site.  Looking forward to trying out the "Dreamlight" LED lights on a pole that I bought , recently!

9 hours ago, richardandros said:

Look forward to seeing you!  We should be easy to spot - doubt that there will be that many Knaus Starclass's on site.  Looking forward to trying out the "Dreamlight" LED lights on a pole that I bought , recently!

Sad....person?

• +1 1

Whilst in Norfolk visit Blickling Hall just as it is going dark; the Hall has their grounds lit.  It is stunning to walk around these grounds with exceptional lighting and add to that the picturesque sunset this evening,  it was a perfect early evening stroll - a photographer’s paradise!  There was even an opportunity for a mulled wine whilst looking towards an exceptional view.  

Definitely worth a trip out.  

8 hours ago, Woodentop said:

Sad....person?

Probably - but who cares.  There will also be all the lights around the awning and down the side of the caravan so I suppose that makes me even more sad.

You can always join the Christmas day swim that they hold at Hunstanton in the morning. It seems to get a good turnout.