Black Grouse

Where do you store your bedding?

I guess those with fixed beds just leave them made up - but what of others?

We keep ours in two of the overhead lockers, one for the two sleeping bags and one for the two pillows - I chose to use the overheads as bedding is light, allowing the bed bases to be used for heavier items as well as avoiding the effects of potential water pipe leaks.

We have a 2 berth. We put our sleeping bags and pillows under our bunks normally, and the upper cupboards are used for personal bits and bobs. Bedding is put in a polly bag when we are travelling or the caravan not in use to avoid the dust which can enter through the floor vents. We have done this for the 4 years we've had this caravan.  

Edited by Ern
  • +1 1

Isn’t the shower unit built purposely to store bedding during the day ?😀

1 minute ago, ivan leslie said:

you would have to make sure the shower wasn't knocked on by accident. 

We have a fixed bed and we keep spare bedding under the bed.

If I had a 2 berth  and we didn't take too much hanging clothes, I think that I would store the bedding in a wardrobe. 

Sleeping bag, blanket, pyjamas and pillow case under the bed. The pillow is one of the cushions, slipped inside the pillow case each night.

Edited by daveat92

Our sons bedding is kept under the front seats when on-site, put on top of our bedding when travelling

4 berth but just used for 2 with fixed bed.

Simple, bed left made up.  If a long trip extra duvet covers, pillow cases and towels kept in a bag in the boot.

Over winter, duvet and pillows in wardrobe, all else brought home.

John

Under the seats when we use them as beds and under the twin beds for the spare bedding. Clothes and light stuff (like coffee and cornflakes) go into our overhead lockers. Heavy items are also stored under the beds or seats in crates to stop them sliding around.

We've still got a trip or two before Christmas but if it's not going to be used for a month or two then it usually gets stored  either on the beds in the van or sometimes brought indoors but not often. We've never had a problem with damp.

The same when we had a boat, it stayed on board except during the couple of winters when the boat was laid up on shore

Edited by matelodave

Beds made up, twin singles. Spare set of bedding in bag under one bed on our long trips.

Fixed double but it has a day-bed cover matching the curtains etc so the bedding goes underneath

We do not have a fixed bed and we don't bother to store the bedding whilst on a trip. We just leave it made up then strip it and wash on our return home.

Then we pack and store all bedding in vacuum bags and keep it all in the caravan ready for the next trip.

We use the lounge sofas as singles, Duvets and mattress toppers are stored under the nearside locker

The fixed bed (as suggested) remains made up during the day when the MH is in use, and the bedding brought indoors for washing and returned to the bed at the end of a trip. Spare bedding for the other beds is stored below the settee/second bed as it is nowhere near ant water source within the van.

1 hour ago, ivan leslie said:

Not if you want to use the shower :rolleyes: but maybe that is why some manufacturers fit an external (dog?) shower to their vans?

Gordon.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, joanie said:

you would have to make sure the shower wasn't knocked on by accident. 

Of course, I could say that we duck tape the shower control so it can’t be knocked accidentally- we don’t though.   Perhaps we will in the future but it’s not been a problem for many years. Famous last words ? 😳😳

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ivan leslie said:

Of course, I could say that we duck tape the shower control so it can’t be knocked accidentally- we don’t though.   Perhaps we will in the future but it’s not been a problem for many years. Famous last words ? 😳😳

If you tape the shower control you'll never touch it, but as soon as you remove the tape ... that's how sod's law works.

2 hours ago, ivan leslie said:

A six pence piece fits nicely in the hose Union, placed after the seal as the hose leaves the tap assembly.

12 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

A six pence piece fits nicely in the hose Union, placed after the seal as the hose leaves the tap assembly.

A six pence piece ???  Vot it’s dat ??? Please. 😀😀

10 minutes ago, ivan leslie said:

A six pence piece ???  Vot it’s dat ??? Please. 😀😀

Ok a 5 pence piece in new money :)

For those who DO  have fixed beds a handy tip for the spare linen is to fold up an entire set (sheet, duvet cover & pillow cases) and store the whole in one of the pillow cases. Everything stays together so you always know you have a full set and you know which set it is by the pillowcase it’s stored in!  Neat huh? 

Andy

• Like 2

I strip mine off, pillows, sheets, pillow cases and quilt.  They go to the house and wash the sheets and pillow cases (as I do each time I come back from a trip).  The mattress stays in the caravan, but lift it all up, so the air flows around

It seems I'm the only one to use high level lockers for bedding, everyone else storing it low down - my rationale was simply to get light stuff up high for better towing stability.

6 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

It seems I'm the only one to use high level lockers for bedding, everyone else storing it low down - my rationale was simply to get light stuff up high for better towing stability.

I see the logic, we may well do the same if we used the bunks for sleeping, but as it is only the fixed bed we use we feel they can just stay where they are.

John

20 hours ago, Les Medes said:

We use the lounge sofas as singles, Duvets and mattress toppers are stored under the nearside locker

When we are not using th van, everything is transferred to the house and duvets, covers etc. are washed each trip 

Having a twa berth "Wee Berthy" has good overhead locker space but too wee for the bedding so as my trusted tug is parked up for the duration of the stay as I commute via the bike when on tour plus I'm usually " hawf cut"most of the time the Tug's boot is used as a storage facility. Plus I take quilt, electric blanket and sleeping bag and pillows so need the boot space.

GAS ...

Edited by Grumpy Auld Smeesh

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 17:13, Black Grouse said:

You must have massive lockers. I don't think our bedding would fit in ours, so it stays beneath the seats. Never had any problems with damp.  To my mind it's more convenient to have stuff you need throughout the day in the overheads, rather than having to ferret around underneath the seats.