BOAC

Alde heating or blown air Sir?

there are some things that I want when I buy a caravan and blown air is one of them. I have never had Alde, but I have just never fancied it for one reason and another.  

10 minutes ago, J & S said:

Some of the complaints about Alde heating  is coming from some site owners about the amount of leccy they use  in comparison to the truma blown air system . They can tell as the sites have meters on the pitches.

Running the Alde pipework and convectors along the external walls will give more heat loss through the walls, so less efficient.

15 minutes ago, J & S said:

Some of the complaints about Alde heating  is coming from some site owners about the amount of leccy they use  in comparison to the truma blown air system . They can tell as the sites have meters on the pitches.

I would be very interested to know how they did the comparison.  Unless you had 2 identical vans in the same site and over the same period, how would they do the comparison?

16 hours ago, amdram said:

The van has only 1 small section underneath the van which the dealers are lagging as part of the PDI. I will also look at potentially insulting some of the piping inside the van as well.

I would give it a darn good thrashing as well :D

Sorry, couldn't resist it. :ph34r:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BOAC said:

I would give it a darn good thrashing as well :D

Sorry, couldn't resist it. :ph34r:

Trust you Pete ! !

I thought the idea was for caravan design was to save weight and then use a system full of water ?

Air for me as it is more direct the same as heating a room with electric can heater again radiators .

Dave

Alde every time for me, but different caravan manufacturers install the systems differently, some are good, some are not so good.  Regarding fluid change, I do it myself and it is not a big problem, I certainly would not pay £200 to have it done!