vectra19

overnight stay in Spain

hi all. 

just wanting some advise if possible. we are going to Benidorm from the port of Bilbao and I was wondering if someone could  suggest a good overnight stay about 4 hours from Bilbao. look forward to your reply 

many thanks 

Keith.

Head towards Madrid and stay overnight at Riaza (Camping Riaza) is just outside the town and very convenient from the motorway. 

• Like 1

If you want to go via Madrid you could stop at Burgos, Riaza or La Cabrara at KM 57, just north of Madrid.   However, if you go via Zaragoza, it's a more direct route and about 50 miles shorter.   The site at Zaragoza is ok even if it is a bit pricey for what they offer.   You can see an account of the journey and of the Zaragoza site on my blog, here

Agree with Jaydug above , if you take the A23 towards Valencia it is a free dual carriageway & just past Teruel at Jcn 92 is a very convenient stop for fuel , coffee & in our case a shared sandwich ( it is quite large ) . The staff are always friendly & courteous & the toilets are clean . From there it is an easy drive down to the Med & the Valencia ring road , we always take the toll road after Valencia , as in most areas of Spain the locals & truckers take the others .

whichever route you decide on have a safe journey .

Edited by stevew1

Yes I have to say the easiest route is of coarse via Zaragoza. We have done it both ways but a while ago now. That makes three of us in favour of Zaragoza. 

21 minutes ago, Ern said:

Yes I have to say the easiest route is of coarse via Zaragoza. We have done it both ways but a while ago now. That makes three of us in favour of Zaragoza. 

Make it 4 !!

thank ou all for the help I will do some studying. thanks again cheers Keith

👍👍