On 06/11/2019 at 11:33, Oscarmax said:

what is stopping anyone removing the battery from their scooter/bike and charging up inside the caravan.

That's what I always do.   Not to dodge any charge but it's just easier to slip the battery of the bike and plug it into the van than to get out an extension lead to carry power to the end of the awning where I park the bike..

Nanmel

First off I have NEVER been asked by anyone for any payment and we have stopped there a good few times now.

There is no need whatsoever to “book” a place. When you arrive at the Port follow the BF signs and  simply drive into one of the check in lanes and park up. There will probably already be a few ensconced ahead of you.

I never bother to unhitch I just put the steadies down. There are usually a fair few others parked up so it does feel perfectly safe. The port area is a little bit out of town It’s about a 10 minute flat walk to the Quay where there are pubs etc, including Wetherspoons if you want a bite to eat. Out of the port, turn left, at the mini roundabout turn right, go over the lifting bridge then turn right again and you are on the Quay. Tuesday nights in the summer are “Bike Nights” so the area is heaving but not at all intimidating. Due to the location of the port area there are no passing inebriated individuals staggering home to disturb you either.

There are toilets that are usually left open overnight and there is a small cafe that opens up before check in so you can get a bacon butty (they are generous with the bacon!) tea/coffee etc if you wish. 

A member of Brittany staff will come along in the morning to check if you have a dog so you won’t oversleep. Check in opens about 7:30 

Like I said earlier even though we only live 25 miles from the port we regularly turn up the night before, it’s just less of an early morning rush that way., and we get an “extra” night in the caravan! 

We have done it many times now without any sort of incident or problem, and I have never felt unsafe because trust me you won’t be the only ones parked up overnight!

On your return, if you have a long drive home you can, if you wish, park around the perimeter of the (large) check in area overnight as well. Jus do what everyone else is doing and you will be fine. There’s plenty of space and again you won’t be alone. 

Hope that helps ? 

Andy

• Thanks 1

Andy, that is incredibly helpful. We will certainly do it. 

many thanks

nanamel

Edited by Nanamel
  • Like 1

Is the price increase because they will be installed charging points for EVs?

On 05/11/2019 at 14:29, oldboy said:

Up to now I have visited 7 CMC site the average I have paid an average £ 25.50  per nights for 2 adults I consider this reasonable.

I would agree if you had them all in August. The average increase this year was about £1.50 a night, that's a rise of 10% which is a lot  .

What has annoyed me , nothing to do with you oldboy, is the CMC have sent out emails telling the members that the price will increase , however on a handful of sites there will be no increase.  They have already increased the site fees and the ones that are supposed to be fixed have also had a price increase. Malvern has gone up £1.60 and Gowerton has gone up £1.30 and that's before the second increase that's coming.  I am already looking elsewhere and I dare say that I'm not the only one. 

Edited by joanie

Hi

In the annual accounts membership down. site nights down, with the price increase it will be interesting to see if this trend is continued it will become clear in  next years accounts. I will retain my membership because of mayday. CLs and insurance but if the membership fees increase again and again i may have to reconsider. On membership fees the reduction in membership and its income income was offset by the increase in fees to its members renewing.

Sandy

3 minutes ago, sandy said:

Hi

In the annual accounts membership down. site nights down, with the price increase it will be interesting to see if this trend is continued it will become clear in  next years accounts. I will retain my membership because of mayday. CLs and insurance but if the membership fees increase again and again i may have to reconsider. On membership fees the reduction in membership and its income income was offset by the increase in fees to its members renewing.

Sandy

I thought with the rebranding it was supposed to bring in thousands more new members otherwise a pointless exercise?

• +1 1